Im trying to use an ir blaster with a comcast pace rng150n box

cadams82

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
I know its not in the right section, necessarily but I know someone here can point me in the right direction as u all have before. Im trying to use the ir blaster that came with my hauppauge colossus or i want to use my windows media center ir blaster and remote. The hauppauge blaster program i think found the code once but when i went to test it wouldnt work, and im not sure which ir blaster program to use to get my windows media center remote and blaster to work, windows media center doesnt ask to setup my ir blaster and remote when setting up my colossus because its a capture card and not a tv tuner. Any help would be appreciated.

The older Pace boxes worked with the GI/Motorola codes.

If you are using Media Center, I would recommend just using its blaster(If you have to get one, watch out, some do not come with the IR blaster ports and just have the remote receiver) they work well and can even learn your remote codes if needed.

I have not used that card, so I can not commend on the ease of setup under media center.

cadams82

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
u mean ge not gi right, and setting up a windows media center remote and ir blaster for me has been a nightmare, u have to use a third party app since media center wont ask u to setup a remote or ir blaster because the colossus is a capture card not a tuner, ive tried eventghost and irss with no luck yet, i prefer my windows media center remote over the hauppauge one but at this point ill use the damn hauppauge if itll work, ive had the card since the beginning of september and havent gotten either remote to work yet. craziness

cadams82

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
HOLY CRAP, THE GE CODE WORKED, NOT THE FIRST TIME THO, IT WENT TO CHANNEL 2 FIRST, THEN 246 THE SECOND TIME I SENT IT, HOW DO I TWEAK THINGS SO IT WILL GO TO THE CORRECT CHANNEL THE FIRST TIME.

if it messes up channels, try to change the speed, it should have 3 settings.

If it sends signals too fast, some boxes do not work.

I always just push the Motorola codes until it works in the media center setup :)

I know some setups like the HD PVR needed 3rd party to use MCE. I kind of miss my PVR250(Sure it is SD), it just worked out of the box(with the MCE blaster from an HP computer).

For codes I actually did mean GI(General Instruments) and not General Electric

cadams82

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
what exactly do u mean u just pushed the motorola codes until it works in media center, i dont understand what your trynna say, and i saw no gi, just ge, but it worked, kinda, and how do i change the speeds, i dont c that option.

cadams82

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
we must b using different versions of the blastcfg app cuz it says ir test, and under there is a box for your three digit channel number and next to that is a send button, underneath there is an advanced settings button, it says interdigital delay, min digits to send, power on delay, key delay, tuning elay and single digit delay, also the weirdness continues, i can change channeels using my keyboard and windows remote but not the hauppauge remote, i dont even have use external blaster checked in the windows media center plugin app, i guess ill try the key delay, and or the single digit delay, thanks for the help so far

IR is on of those pain in the ass things, If it works with the keyboard and not the remote, you may need the extra delay to prevent your remote from messing with the channel change process.

I am use another remote to stop/mess up people's remotes from working right because the TV/Cable box/PC sees the extra signal and it kind of blocks the signal it wants to see.

So, I guess trying the delay will be best. If you can get the IR blaster and its receiver farther apart it may help as well(just so you are not pointing the remote at the same thing the computer is trying to control.).