FA DIAMOND PLATE WHIRLWIND

munch

You should have put your garage door down when you took the pictures.

It would have instantly increased the value of your WW !!!

Munch is right. the garage door adds atleast $500 to the ending
price:>)

I should've had a couple naked girls dancing around it to, how much
would that have increased the value?

250? Everytime someone sells one its a different number. I've heard
1000 repeatedly, then 100, now 250. Which one is it? Whatever it is,
it's more than 100. Just look at the frequency these pop up compared
to DP funhosues.

Oh, and your auction says 500? But here you say 250...

Nothing personal at all. I just wish we could get a more definite
number of how many of 'em were actually made.

Need funds for your wedding, yet every week you run an want ad in the
local recycler stating "Wanted: Pinball machines working or not. Cash
paid and pick up" You just posted one on July 1st? SHADY

http://www.recycler.com/asp/AdDetails.asp?iID=4890&sBAC=All&bSQ=0&iC=220&iSC=220

Chris Lyon wrote:
> Oh, and your auction says 500? But here you say 250...
>
> Nothing personal at all. I just wish we could get a more definite
> number of how many of 'em were actually made.

You should be a private investigator TS. Thanks for posting my ad on
here maybe i'll get a caller from the newsgroup, as far the numbers go
I hear just as many different numbers as everyone else but last I heard
it was 250. As far as numbers go they are the most common of the
limited diamond plates by far. I only said 500 because I was'nt
positive.

Chris Lyon wrote:
> Oh, and your auction says 500? But here you say 250...
Hey, Chris, in defense of Kala...
"less than 250" *is* "less than 500" :)
Bob

You need to chill out. Kalan is a stand up guy and really is trying
to pay for a wedding. If he flips games for cash, that's his business
not yours.

Louis

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 2 Jul 2005 16:14:21 -0700, "Kala" <dj_klank@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I should've had a couple naked girls dancing around it to, how much
>would that have increased the value?

Of the girls? About $1800.

You're probably one of the bums that can't afford the hobby and wants
to pay $200.00 for a Medievel Madness. Trust me if you think buying
broken games one at a time, spending hours at a time fixing them, and
making $100.00 or so dollars a game is a business than your a bigger
idiot than I thought. You should think about who the real scumbags are.
People like you want everything for free probably because you should'nt
be spending your money on games in the first place. Like you have'nt
sold a game and made a couple bucks on it before. Get a life and a
clue.

After reading the angry July 3 post by T.S. I decided to do a "Find
Messages By This Author" search for more posts by him to see if the
criticism was isolated to being offended by those who make a business
out of what is, evidently, a hobby for him. In doing that I came upon
a topic that he started on January 20 entitled, "changed my nickname."
The author invited everyone to try to guess what T.S. stood for and in
exchange promised an insult. The post itself began with what I believe
was also intended to be an insult since it addressed everyone in the
RGP as "satchelless" (although I confess I am not familiar with that
word could not find it in the dictionary).
Anyway, I had never seen that post before since, as most know, I only
came upon the RGP scene about that time. Because I just saw that post
it today, I am taking this opportunity to respond with a true story on
the T.S. topic.
When I was a little kid I heard someone use the expression "T.S." in a
rebuke of another person. I asked what it meant and I guess I was too
young to be told the truth because I was told it meant, "Tough
Situation." Later in life I came to learn it was a Yiddish expression
for the phrase,
"Tocheslecker" (pronounced tukisslehker) which translates to
"ass-licker." While T.S. certainly didn't intend that to be the
correct guess, it might be best if T.S. went back to using the original
name he posted under of, "jae83."
And, just for the record, I am not offering the above as my guess in
response to the invitation and I am not intending to insult T.S. I am
just sharing an old memory that I thought might amuse everyone,
including T.S. :)
Bob

pinlicious wrote:
> in short, he is saying you have no balls ;-)
> i use to have a friend from europe who used the phrase all the time.
> satchel=bag.
> satchelless=bagless
> no need for a bag because you have nothing to put in said bag

Hi, Koz:
Thanks for the explanation.
I guess that means he wasn't attempting to insult to anyone and was
only addressing that particular post to the ladies on the RGP :)
Bob

On 3 Jul 2005 09:00:48 -0700, "Bob Rentzer" <lawcal@lawcal.com> wrote:

>After reading the angry July 3 post by T.S. I decided to do a "Find
>Messages By This Author" search for more posts by him to see if the
>criticism was isolated to being offended by those who make a business
>out of what is, evidently, a hobby for him. In doing that I came upon
>a topic that he started on January 20 entitled, "changed my nickname."
>The author invited everyone to try to guess what T.S. stood for and in
>exchange promised an insult. The post itself began with what I believe
>was also intended to be an insult since it addressed everyone in the
>RGP as "satchelless" (although I confess I am not familiar with that
>word could not find it in the dictionary).

in short, he is saying you have no balls ;-)

i use to have a friend from europe who used the phrase all the time.

satchel=bag.
satchelless=bagless
no need for a bag because you have nothing to put in said bag

ok, that explination went on a little too long :)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

On 3 Jul 2005 10:46:40 -0700, "Bob Rentzer" <lawcal@lawcal.com> wrote:

>>>The post itself began with what I believe
>> >was also intended to be an insult since it addressed everyone in the
>> >RGP as "satchelless" (although I confess I am not familiar with that
>> >word could not find it in the dictionary).
>>
>pinlicious wrote:
>> in short, he is saying you have no balls ;-)
>> i use to have a friend from europe who used the phrase all the time.
>> satchel=bag.
>> satchelless=bagless
>> no need for a bag because you have nothing to put in said bag
>
>Hi, Koz:
>Thanks for the explanation.
>I guess that means he wasn't attempting to insult to anyone and was
>only addressing that particular post to the ladies on the RGP :)
>Bob

oh, it is definately used pretty much only as a derogatory remark ;-)

koz

I guess I must be the biggest Vulture of them all. I have flipped and
sold over 376 in 18 months. Bob Rentzer has been to my house to check
out a Fun House I had for sale. But Bob also seen the mint games in my
collection which is worth around $50,000. I have all the top games.
Call me what you want. But If I can fork out $42,000 cash and buy 34
pins and flip them in 6 weeks and walk away with a MB and MM plus
14,000. Why not. I don't see anybody else willing to put up that kind
of cash and doing the big deals. I buy and sell mainly from operators.
I can fix mostly any pin and video game.

I have a lot of pins at my home and you cannot keep them all so.

Flipping is great.
Keep up the good work Kalan. At least he gave the Group 1st chance at
it.
I could have got that game on ebay for 1499.99 BIT. I choose to bid
for 1199.99.

I figure I do Kalan a favor and get rid of the buy it now for 1499.99
after all he is getting married.
and the last DP WW I sold went for 2500.00 last week.

I have this for sale now:
Terminator 2 1200
NBA Fastbreak 2100
Diner DP early production 2400.00
Addams 3000
Hook 1500
Getaway 1700
Bugs Bunny Birthday 1400
Hurricane 1400
Fun House LS top Coat #47 3500.00
Dr. Who 1400
Whirlwind 1500

Carlos U.

cudria@aol.com wrote:
> I guess I must be the biggest Vulture of them all. I have flipped and
> sold over 376 in 18 months. Bob Rentzer has been to my house to check
> out a Fun House I had for sale. But Bob also seen the mint games in my
> collection which is worth around $50,000. I have all the top games.
> Call me what you want.
Hi, Carlos: You don't need my endorsement but I give it without
hesitation. You are certainly not a Vulture in my eyes. I found you
to be a gracious host as well as a sensible and honest businessman.
When I came to your place I was a stranger but you treated me like a
friend... and that was even after I decided not to buy the FH. Despite
the fact that I no longer represented a potential sale you took the
time to allow me to see your fine collection and told me I was welcome
back anytime. That is what I think this hobby and business is all
about; making friends regardless of whether or not that person is a
customer and not treating people as targets to direct frustration and
anger at. We all have our pet peeves but I find it more rewarding and
much more satisfying to express appreciation rather than condemnation.
Bob

On Sun, 03 Jul, T.S. wrote:
> Settle down. You characters know exactly what I am talking about. I
> am talking about guys who FLIP games. Not pin collectors who get a
> pin, play for a while, put a little time and money in, and then sell
> for a small gain.
>
> I define FLIPPING as guys who for example; buy a pin for $500, do
> nothing to it, then make up lies about the game or its origin and sell
> the game 2 days later for $2000. If Kalan or anyone else do not FLIP
> games according to my definition than no offense needs to be taken. If
> you do FLIP games according to my definition than you are a scumbag and
> should be offended.
> Guys who FLIP games, lets just refer to them as VULTURES from here on
> out, hurt the hobby.

Thanks for adding to the definition. You do have one little part in here
about people who lie, and yeah, those folks are just that, liars. And
crooks. But liars and crooks exist everywhere. Why you chose to pick on
this guy is beyond me as you seem to have no evidence he is either. If you
do, please produce. If not, well, you get the idea.

Outside of that, there are vultures in every walk of life. Get over it.

--Donnie

Getting back to the pic with the door open, that must be one ass
kickin' Whirlwind fan, because in earlier pictures that garage was neat
and tidy (everything in place).

The garage can be tidy at times but not lately, next time i'll close
the door.

http://www.treasure-cove.net/