I am wondering if a roaming profile can cause a system after a while to run
very slow. Can a profile get full of junk files and can the profile be
cleaned out? I notice that if I log into the same machine as a local user
using the computername account the system runs much smoother. If anyone has
any ideas on the I would like to know.

Thanks!

--
Scott Micale
Director of IT

"Scott Micale" <hrm_admin@news.postalalias> wrote in message
>I am wondering if a roaming profile can cause a system after a while to run
>very slow. Can a profile get full of junk files and can the profile be
>cleaned out? I notice that if I log into the same machine as a local user
>using the computername account the system runs much smoother. If anyone
>has any ideas on the I would like to know.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --

Well, that makes sense, doesn't it? Logging on locally has no network
component whereas a roaming profile wants to communicate with the server by
its very nature. Since the entire contents of the profile (less the IE
cache) is copied to and from the server, large files can really slow this
process down.

If you are having insanely lengthy logon and logoff processes, use group
policy to implement folder redirection on the largest folders.

Carl

Yes I am doing redirection on MY Docs and the desktop. The logon and off is
not bad, it is just the everyday use is very slow.

"Vagabond Software" <vagabondsw-X-@-X-gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Scott Micale" <hrm_admin@news.postalalias> wrote in message
>>I am wondering if a roaming profile can cause a system after a while to
>>run very slow. Can a profile get full of junk files and can the profile
>>be cleaned out? I notice that if I log into the same machine as a local
>>user using the computername account the system runs much smoother. If
>>anyone has any ideas on the I would like to know.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>
> Well, that makes sense, doesn't it? Logging on locally has no network
> component whereas a roaming profile wants to communicate with the server
> by its very nature. Since the entire contents of the profile (less the IE
> cache) is copied to and from the server, large files can really slow this
> process down.
>
> If you are having insanely lengthy logon and logoff processes, use group
> policy to implement folder redirection on the largest folders.
>
> Carl

TRENDING THREADS