Setup was unable to create a new system partition

bayeasy

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
So i'm trying to do a clean install on windows 7, i've tried to format and then do the install but it still says setup was unable to create a new system partition

G

Can you post more information?

Did it tell you why?

What format did you wish to install on the new partition?

What motherboard are you using?

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
so far it's right. click new partition. Let it use the default space and click proceed, or ok, or whatever the button is and it should install. It should create a 100mb system partition separate from the rest of the install

bayeasy

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

it doesnt do that though

Jonathan Henning

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Couple months later.. but perhaps this will help someone down the road.

Was in the same exact predicament. Did the whole delete, new partition, format, nothing would work. But every time I was booting up I had my usb plugged(which had my raid driver on it). But it also had a bootable dos, and parted magic from when I was doing hdderases and secure erases. So I'm pretty sure in someway when it was trying to partition for the system reserve, the dos or parted magic was interfering.

So the final solution was I just unplugged the usb, booted up windows 7 install disc and just waited till got "install driver" for my ssds and then plugged in my usb and worked like a charm after that.

HavocOnToast

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
Im having the same problem, booting from usb or disk will work until i get to the "selection of HDD"
Im trying to do a build from a blank hdd but no matter what it will not accept a partition made or the existing hdd space. Anyone have any further luck on these issues?

Quoc Anh

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Hope this will help someone like me who doesn't want to delete other partitions (because all back up data are there). I was stuck at 'unable to create new system partition' after recreating the primary partition. What I did was:
- Run Windows setup again.
- At Advanced, choose Repair
- Choose Startup Repair and let it repair the boot section and primary parition as it wishes :).
After that Run Windows setup again and it will proceed with installing on the primary partition.

TRENDING THREADS