how to get restore cds?

I bought a 450sx laptop back in 2002. I got the extended warranty. My dad
bought it off of me last year. We moved and I can't find the restoration
cds. I called gateway and was told they trash the restore cds after 6
months.
How do I restore my laptop?
Can i get a copy of the restore cd's somewhere for future use?
or am i basically stuck using my windows home or pro i bought with my money
and calling microsoft to re-register it for the laptop (the computer i
originally put them on are no longer used by us).
thanks
mike

Ebay sometimes has them:
http://search.ebay.com/gateway-cd_Computers-Networking_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR10QQsacatZ58058QQcatrefZC6QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"michael e dziatkowicz" <mnmma@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I bought a 450sx laptop back in 2002. I got the extended warranty. My dad
>bought it off of me last year. We moved and I can't find the restoration
>cds. I called gateway and was told they trash the restore cds after 6
>months.
> How do I restore my laptop?
> Can i get a copy of the restore cd's somewhere for future use?
> or am i basically stuck using my windows home or pro i bought with my
> money and calling microsoft to re-register it for the laptop (the computer
> i originally put them on are no longer used by us).
> thanks
> mike

TR

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:18:31 -0500, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>I bought a 450sx laptop back in 2002.
>Can i get a copy of the restore cd's somewhere for future use?

I have a Restoration CD for the 450 SX4 mike. I will be more than
glad to make a copy of it for you. Is mnmma@comcast.net your real
email address?

TR

"TR" <spamtrap@spamhell.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:18:31 -0500, "michael e dziatkowicz"
> <mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>I bought a 450sx laptop back in 2002.
>>Can i get a copy of the restore cd's somewhere for future use?
>
> I have a Restoration CD for the 450 SX4 mike. I will be more than
> glad to make a copy of it for you. Is mnmma@comcast.net your real
> email address?
>
> TR
yes it is my real email address.

TR

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:43:47 -0500, "michael e dziatkowicz"
<mnmma@comcast.net> wrote:

>yes it is my real email address.

You've got mail.....

i tried emailing you my address but it was returned.