Regedit for CTRL+ALT+DEL logon

Does anyone know how I can use regedit to enable the old type ctrl+alt+del
logon? Any help apreciated.

Roger
4 answers Last reply
More about regedit ctrl logon

    1. Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
    2. Click the Advanced tab.
    3. In Secure logon, select the "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" check box.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

    > 1. Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
    > 2. Click the Advanced tab.
    > 3. In Secure logon, select the "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete"
    > check box.

    Thanks for the advice, but something have denied me the access to the
    controlpanel allthough I am the administrator, so hence the question for
    the regedit command

    Roger

    Do scan with an up to date anti-virus.

    What You Should Know About Spyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/devioussoftware.mspx

    CAUTION!!!!! Removing some spyware can damage the Winsock stact. Before
    you try to remove spyware using any of these programs , download a copy of
    LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks (all Windows
    versions)
    http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
    Winsockfix for W95, W98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
    http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip
    Directions here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257
    WinXP:
    Get WinSockxpFix
    How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
    In WinXP SP2: You can fix Winsock by going to Start | Run and typing
    CMD
    In the command window type
    netsh winsock reset

    See
    Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
    won't. Also, each needs to be updated with the program's update function
    before every use, even when just downloaded. There's also a lot more to do
    than just those two programs. CWShredder is also available here:
    http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder
    **Post your HijackThis log to
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
    http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/ or the Spyware forum at
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**
    Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
    may be found on this page:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.

    See this link for information about malware:
    http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/malware.ars

    If nothing there helps, please post back to this thread.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    "Roger Grønnvold" <gronnvold.roger@nospam_c2i.net> wrote in message
    > Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
    >
    >> 1. Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
    >> 2. Click the Advanced tab.
    >> 3. In Secure logon, select the "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete"
    >> check box.
    >>
    > Thanks for the advice, but something have denied me the access to the
    > controlpanel allthough I am the administrator, so hence the question for
    > the regedit command
    >
    > Roger

    Hi Roger,

    Restore the Control Panel - Line 256:

    Are you running XP Pro or Home? If Pro, go to Start, Run and enter
    GPEDIT.MSC Go to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Control
    Panel, Display. In the right pane, locate the entry for Remove Display in
    Control Panel. Double click this entry. It should be set to Disabled or
    Not Configured.

    If you're running XP Home, or if GPEDIT shows that this policy is Disabled
    or Not Configured go to Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

    Look in the right pane for a value called NoDispCPL. If present, double
    click it and set its value to 0 (zero). If its not there, right click in
    the right pane and select New, DWord value. Name the value NoDispCPL and
    leave its value at 0.

    Added info:

    Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\
    CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
    Value Name: LogonType
    Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
    Value Data: (0 = Classic Mode, 1 = Welcome Screen)

    Create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value, called 'LogonType'
    and edit the value according to the settings below.

    Exit your registry, you may need to restart or log out of Windows for the
    change to take effect.

    Note: Using the classic logon method will also disable the use of fast user
    switching, where applications remain active in other users sessions.

    Enable or Disable Ctrl/Alt/Delete (Line 198)

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    > Does anyone know how I can use regedit to enable the old type ctrl+alt+del
    > logon? Any help apreciated.
    >
    > Roger

Regedit Microsoft Windows XP