Windows keeps creating new profiles

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

About 4 months ago, I set up three email profiles on my computer. Over

the last month, I notice that new profiles (called "pstloadtmpXXX"
where XXX is a three digit number) continue to build up.

Right now, I have 90 email profiles that have the pstloadtmpXXX name.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it from
continuing? It goes without saying that it takes a long time to delete

90 profiles individually so if anyone has any ideas about how to delete

these profiles all at once, that would be terrific.

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about windows creating profiles
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Which email client (Outlook, OExpress) are you using ? or is it
    an embedded mail function in some ISP's software like EarthLink's
    Total Access. Where physical folder location are the profiles
    located at ?

    "Stavrogin" <silentio@dccnet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >

    > About 4 months ago, I set up three email profiles on my computer. Over
    >
    > the last month, I notice that new profiles (called "pstloadtmpXXX"
    > where XXX is a three digit number) continue to build up.
    >

    > Right now, I have 90 email profiles that have the pstloadtmpXXX name.
    >

    > Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it from
    > continuing? It goes without saying that it takes a long time to delete
    >
    > 90 profiles individually so if anyone has any ideas about how to delete
    >
    > these profiles all at once, that would be terrific.
    >

    > Thanks

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Try uninstalling any outlook backup programs you may be using.
    Damo

    "Stavrogin" <silentio@dccnet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >

    > About 4 months ago, I set up three email profiles on my computer. Over
    >
    > the last month, I notice that new profiles (called "pstloadtmpXXX"
    > where XXX is a three digit number) continue to build up.
    >

    > Right now, I have 90 email profiles that have the pstloadtmpXXX name.
    >

    > Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it from
    > continuing? It goes without saying that it takes a long time to delete
    >
    > 90 profiles individually so if anyone has any ideas about how to delete
    >
    > these profiles all at once, that would be terrific.
    >

    > Thanks

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I don't have any backup programs running. Just Outlook.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I'm using Office 2003.

    I am not sure where they are located. I can't find the profile names
    (PstLoadTmp000, PstLoadTmp001, PstLoadTmp002, etc.) anywhere on my
    machine.

    Any ideas?

    Christian
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    where did you get those names from? are you sure they are for outlook
    profiles?

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    > I'm using Office 2003.
    >
    > I am not sure where they are located. I can't find the profile names
    > (PstLoadTmp000, PstLoadTmp001, PstLoadTmp002, etc.) anywhere on my
    > machine.
    >

    > Any ideas?
    >

    > Christian

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I am pretty sure that they are profiles.

    My intention was to create three profiles. One day I noticed that when
    I scrolled down to the third profile, it wasn't there. Instead I found
    endless profiles with the names "PstLoadTmp000, PstLoadTemp001,
    PstLoadTemp002, etc.).

    I deleted these profiles once but about a month ago, I noticed that
    they had reappeared (there was 90 profiles at the time). Since I saw
    them the second time, I have waited to see if they would increase in
    number. So far they haven't (i.e. I still have 90 profiles).

    I have never read of anyone else having this problem... so I sure hope
    somebody can help me out.

    Thanks
  7. I have one user having this problem as well and I can't seem to find and answer either. :cry:

Outlook Microsoft Email Windows XP