Windows keeps creating new profiles

August 16, 2005 7:47:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

About 4 months ago, I set up three email profiles on my computer. Over

the last month, I notice that new profiles (called "pstloadtmpXXX"
where XXX is a three digit number) continue to build up.

Right now, I have 90 email profiles that have the pstloadtmpXXX name.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it from
continuing? It goes without saying that it takes a long time to delete

90 profiles individually so if anyone has any ideas about how to delete

these profiles all at once, that would be terrific.

Thanks
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 10:51:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Which email client (Outlook, OExpress) are you using ? or is it
an embedded mail function in some ISP's software like EarthLink's
Total Access. Where physical folder location are the profiles
located at ?

"Stavrogin" <silentio@dccnet.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> About 4 months ago, I set up three email profiles on my computer. Over
>
> the last month, I notice that new profiles (called "pstloadtmpXXX"
> where XXX is a three digit number) continue to build up.
>

> Right now, I have 90 email profiles that have the pstloadtmpXXX name.
>

> Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it from
> continuing? It goes without saying that it takes a long time to delete
>
> 90 profiles individually so if anyone has any ideas about how to delete
>
> these profiles all at once, that would be terrific.
>

> Thanks

August 17, 2005 5:00:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Try uninstalling any outlook backup programs you may be using.
Damo

"Stavrogin" <silentio@dccnet.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> About 4 months ago, I set up three email profiles on my computer. Over
>
> the last month, I notice that new profiles (called "pstloadtmpXXX"
> where XXX is a three digit number) continue to build up.
>

> Right now, I have 90 email profiles that have the pstloadtmpXXX name.
>

> Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it from
> continuing? It goes without saying that it takes a long time to delete
>
> 90 profiles individually so if anyone has any ideas about how to delete
>
> these profiles all at once, that would be terrific.
>

> Thanks

Related resources
August 19, 2005 2:00:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I don't have any backup programs running. Just Outlook.
August 19, 2005 2:06:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I'm using Office 2003.

I am not sure where they are located. I can't find the profile names
(PstLoadTmp000, PstLoadTmp001, PstLoadTmp002, etc.) anywhere on my
machine.

Any ideas?

Christian
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 5:08:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

where did you get those names from? are you sure they are for outlook
profiles?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> I'm using Office 2003.
>
> I am not sure where they are located. I can't find the profile names
> (PstLoadTmp000, PstLoadTmp001, PstLoadTmp002, etc.) anywhere on my
> machine.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Christian

August 22, 2005 2:12:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I am pretty sure that they are profiles.

My intention was to create three profiles. One day I noticed that when
I scrolled down to the third profile, it wasn't there. Instead I found
endless profiles with the names "PstLoadTmp000, PstLoadTemp001,
PstLoadTemp002, etc.).

I deleted these profiles once but about a month ago, I noticed that
they had reappeared (there was 90 profiles at the time). Since I saw
them the second time, I have waited to see if they would increase in
number. So far they haven't (i.e. I still have 90 profiles).

I have never read of anyone else having this problem... so I sure hope
somebody can help me out.

Thanks
July 24, 2009 3:49:26 PM

I have one user having this problem as well and I can't seem to find and answer either. :cry:
!