USB version revisited

The Control Panel's Device Manager says the USB on my Compaq Presario
5000T is Intel 82801BA/BAM. I tried searching this with Google but can't
find the matching USB version number. I wish to purchase a USB flash
memory storage unit but need to know the USB version to be sure it's
supported.

Can anyone help, or give me a place to reasearch? I tried Intel.

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty." Nietzche

Isnt 2.0 backwards compatible with 1.1? So it shouldnt matter which version
you buy, unless you want to save some money and buy an older 1.1-only stick
which might be cheaper.

"Ken Knecht" <kenkknot@deruknot.com> wrote in message
> The Control Panel's Device Manager says the USB on my Compaq Presario
> 5000T is Intel 82801BA/BAM. I tried searching this with Google but can't
> find the matching USB version number. I wish to purchase a USB flash
> memory storage unit but need to know the USB version to be sure it's
> supported.
>
> Can anyone help, or give me a place to reasearch? I tried Intel.
>
> TIA
>

> --
> Untie the two knots to email me
>
> "Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty." Nietzche

1.1

Unless it is 18 months old or less, it's 1.1.

"Ken Knecht" <kenkknot@deruknot.com> wrote in message
> The Control Panel's Device Manager says the USB on my Compaq Presario
> 5000T is Intel 82801BA/BAM. I tried searching this with Google but can't
> find the matching USB version number. I wish to purchase a USB flash
> memory storage unit but need to know the USB version to be sure it's
> supported.
>
> Can anyone help, or give me a place to reasearch? I tried Intel.
>
> TIA
>

> --
> Untie the two knots to email me
>
> "Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty." Nietzche

The following URL tells you what is inside the system:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=92873&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00008661

In summary, the system is a Pentium III-class, so it's USB is only 1.1. There
are USB flash memory units which are USB 1.1 compatible, and some that aren't.
I have an older Sandisk USB flash reader/writer which handles compact flash
cards, and it works just fine with my older notebook computer... Ben Myers