kurttrail Wrote:
> Italia5239 wrote:-
> RobertVA Wrote:-
> Italia5239 wrote:-
> I just bought a brand new computer, and it came with some JBL
> speakers.
> Well, they weren't outputting sound what so ever. So I plugged in
> some
> speakers from another computer, and it seems like with the volume all
> the way up on every single control, the music is still whispering.
>
> Is there a new driver or something I need to install to allow me to
> play my sound/volume loudly?
>
> -
> Does "every single control" include the Windows onscreen mixer
> control?
>
> Is you computer equiped with sound acceleration on the motherboard or
> sound card? In the Device Manager what devices show in the "Sound
> video
> and game controllers" branch (Control Panel|System
> Properties|Hardware tab)?
>
> Was your computer configured (hardware AND software) by the
> manufacturer
> or retailer? You may be entitled to support under a warranty or
> maintenence agreement. Don't be afraid to request a supervisor if the
> first telephone support operator you speak to is unable to identify
> the
> cause of your problem.-
>

> It's a Compaq, retail.
> Windowss onscreen mixer control, in the bottom right? Yes.
> [image:
> http://tinyurl.com/cghra
>
> I could do that, I had to return the tower I bought because the power
> clip popped off the inside, which I could have fixed, but I didn't
> know the problem..Trying to not have to do that again.-
>
> You have the sound muted.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

I said it puts out a little music..and I was playing music off my
laptop. So I muted it while I was playing a game so there would be no
sound..I already stated that all volumes were maximized, and I believe
that makes it obvious that it wouldn't be muted..

--
Italia5239

Italia5239 wrote:
> kurttrail Wrote:
>> Italia5239 wrote:-
>> RobertVA Wrote:-
>> Italia5239 wrote:-
>> I just bought a brand new computer, and it came with some JBL
>> speakers.
>> Well, they weren't outputting sound what so ever. So I plugged in
>> some
>> speakers from another computer, and it seems like with the volume all
>> the way up on every single control, the music is still whispering.
>>
>> Is there a new driver or something I need to install to allow me to
>> play my sound/volume loudly?
>>
>> -
>> Does "every single control" include the Windows onscreen mixer
>> control?
>>
>> Is you computer equiped with sound acceleration on the motherboard or
>> sound card? In the Device Manager what devices show in the "Sound
>> video
>> and game controllers" branch (Control Panel|System
>> Properties|Hardware tab)?
>>
>> Was your computer configured (hardware AND software) by the
>> manufacturer
>> or retailer? You may be entitled to support under a warranty or
>> maintenence agreement. Don't be afraid to request a supervisor if the
>> first telephone support operator you speak to is unable to identify
>> the
>> cause of your problem.-
>>

>> It's a Compaq, retail.
>> Windowss onscreen mixer control, in the bottom right? Yes.
>> [image:
>> http://tinyurl.com/cghra
>>
>> I could do that, I had to return the tower I bought because the power
>> clip popped off the inside, which I could have fixed, but I didn't
>> know the problem..Trying to not have to do that again.-
>>
>> You have the sound muted.
>>

> I said it puts out a little music..and I was playing music off my
> laptop. So I muted it while I was playing a game so there would be no
> sound..I already stated that all volumes were maximized, and I believe
> that makes it obvious that it wouldn't be muted..

The photo you linked to showed the muted sound icon in your system tray.