Music Issues..

kurttrail Wrote:
> Italia5239 wrote:-
> RobertVA Wrote:-
> Italia5239 wrote:-
> I just bought a brand new computer, and it came with some JBL
> speakers.
> Well, they weren't outputting sound what so ever. So I plugged in
> some
> speakers from another computer, and it seems like with the volume all
> the way up on every single control, the music is still whispering.
>
> Is there a new driver or something I need to install to allow me to
> play my sound/volume loudly?
>
> -
> Does "every single control" include the Windows onscreen mixer
> control?
>
> Is you computer equiped with sound acceleration on the motherboard or
> sound card? In the Device Manager what devices show in the "Sound
> video
> and game controllers" branch (Control Panel|System
> Properties|Hardware tab)?
>
> Was your computer configured (hardware AND software) by the
> manufacturer
> or retailer? You may be entitled to support under a warranty or
> maintenence agreement. Don't be afraid to request a supervisor if the
> first telephone support operator you speak to is unable to identify
> the
> cause of your problem.-
>

> It's a Compaq, retail.
> Windowss onscreen mixer control, in the bottom right? Yes.
> [image:
> http://tinyurl.com/cghra
>
> I could do that, I had to return the tower I bought because the power
> clip popped off the inside, which I could have fixed, but I didn't
> know the problem..Trying to not have to do that again.-
>
> You have the sound muted.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

I said it puts out a little music..and I was playing music off my
laptop. So I muted it while I was playing a game so there would be no
sound..I already stated that all volumes were maximized, and I believe
that makes it obvious that it wouldn't be muted..

--
Italia5239
1 answer Last reply

    Italia5239 wrote:
    > kurttrail Wrote:
    >> Italia5239 wrote:-
    >> RobertVA Wrote:-
    >> Italia5239 wrote:-
    >> I just bought a brand new computer, and it came with some JBL
    >> speakers.
    >> Well, they weren't outputting sound what so ever. So I plugged in
    >> some
    >> speakers from another computer, and it seems like with the volume all
    >> the way up on every single control, the music is still whispering.
    >>
    >> Is there a new driver or something I need to install to allow me to
    >> play my sound/volume loudly?
    >>
    >> -
    >> Does "every single control" include the Windows onscreen mixer
    >> control?
    >>
    >> Is you computer equiped with sound acceleration on the motherboard or
    >> sound card? In the Device Manager what devices show in the "Sound
    >> video
    >> and game controllers" branch (Control Panel|System
    >> Properties|Hardware tab)?
    >>
    >> Was your computer configured (hardware AND software) by the
    >> manufacturer
    >> or retailer? You may be entitled to support under a warranty or
    >> maintenence agreement. Don't be afraid to request a supervisor if the
    >> first telephone support operator you speak to is unable to identify
    >> the
    >> cause of your problem.-
    >>

    >> It's a Compaq, retail.
    >> Windowss onscreen mixer control, in the bottom right? Yes.
    >> [image:
    >> http://tinyurl.com/cghra
    >>
    >> I could do that, I had to return the tower I bought because the power
    >> clip popped off the inside, which I could have fixed, but I didn't
    >> know the problem..Trying to not have to do that again.-
    >>
    >> You have the sound muted.
    >>

    > I said it puts out a little music..and I was playing music off my
    > laptop. So I muted it while I was playing a game so there would be no
    > sound..I already stated that all volumes were maximized, and I believe
    > that makes it obvious that it wouldn't be muted..

    The photo you linked to showed the muted sound icon in your system tray.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator