Sudden drop in internet speed(in p2p programs)

Tags:
  • P2P
  • Internet
  • Windows XP
August 17, 2005 2:45:38 AM

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could help with this.

It's just happening in P2P programs, eg. Limewire, and .torrent files.
It use to be somewhere around 55kb/s, and recently it dropped to about 1
kb/s. I ran lots of spyware/virus scans, but it didn't help, it's still
downloading really slowly. If I download something straight of a link
on a website, then it's really quick, still about 55kb/s. I really
confused... Can anyone maybe suggest why the speed suddenly dropped?

Thankyou in advance.

Suzanne.

--
xxxsusanxxxx

More about : sudden drop internet speed p2p programs

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 6:44:09 AM

Perhaps your ISP is now throttling those ports used by those programs. Try
changing the ports they use.

!