Windows Messenger Crashes on Voice or Video, OK on Text

Whenever I attempt to initiate or respond to a voice or video request,
Windows Messenger 4.7 (4.7.3001) {which should be the current build} quits
and Error Reports. I tried a Remove Windows Components and Add Windows
Components, however it didn't replace the corrupted files.

Any suggestions on the current thinking as to how to break it enough to
force file reinstallation from either a Download or Reinstallation CD.
--
John D. Peterson
(916) 792-5163

    Uninstall it?
    Then reinstall it?
    --
    A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
    "johndpeterson" <johndpeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I attempt to initiate or respond to a voice or video request,
    > Windows Messenger 4.7 (4.7.3001) {which should be the current build} quits
    > and Error Reports. I tried a Remove Windows Components and Add Windows
    > Components, however it didn't replace the corrupted files.
    >
    > Any suggestions on the current thinking as to how to break it enough to
    > force file reinstallation from either a Download or Reinstallation CD.
    > --
    > John D. Peterson
    > (916) 792-5163

    Forget Windows messenger. Install MSN messenger, it is much better and has
    many more features, and I can guarantee it WILL work for you. Google MSN
    Messenger on the net and download version 7.
    Damo

    "johndpeterson" <johndpeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I attempt to initiate or respond to a voice or video request,
    > Windows Messenger 4.7 (4.7.3001) {which should be the current build} quits
    > and Error Reports. I tried a Remove Windows Components and Add Windows
    > Components, however it didn't replace the corrupted files.
    >
    > Any suggestions on the current thinking as to how to break it enough to
    > force file reinstallation from either a Download or Reinstallation CD.
    > --
    > John D. Peterson
    > (916) 792-5163

    maybe
    Windows Messenger 5.1
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A8D9EB73-5F8C-4B9A-940F-9157A3B3D774&displaylang=en

    "johndpeterson" <johndpeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I attempt to initiate or respond to a voice or video request,
    > Windows Messenger 4.7 (4.7.3001) {which should be the current build} quits
    > and Error Reports. I tried a Remove Windows Components and Add Windows
    > Components, however it didn't replace the corrupted files.
    >
    > Any suggestions on the current thinking as to how to break it enough to
    > force file reinstallation from either a Download or Reinstallation CD.
    > --
    > John D. Peterson
    > (916) 792-5163

    Yes, Installing 5.1 over 4.7 fixed the issue. I just assumed Windows Update
    would push-out the latest version and obviously it doesnt.

    Thanks for the help!
    --
    John D. Peterson
    (916) 792-5163

    "bumtracks" wrote:

    > maybe
    > Windows Messenger 5.1
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A8D9EB73-5F8C-4B9A-940F-9157A3B3D774&displaylang=en
    >
    > "johndpeterson" <johndpeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Whenever I attempt to initiate or respond to a voice or video request,
    > > Windows Messenger 4.7 (4.7.3001) {which should be the current build} quits
    > > and Error Reports. I tried a Remove Windows Components and Add Windows
    > > Components, however it didn't replace the corrupted files.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions on the current thinking as to how to break it enough to
    > > force file reinstallation from either a Download or Reinstallation CD.
    > > --
    > > John D. Peterson
    > > (916) 792-5163

    If you'll reread the post, I did do an Remove and Reinstall which did not
    correct the issue. Installing 5.1 over 4.7 did correct the issue.
    --
    John D. Peterson
    (916) 792-5163

    "NotMe" wrote:

    > Uninstall it?
    > Then reinstall it?
    > --
    > A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
    > "johndpeterson" <johndpeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Whenever I attempt to initiate or respond to a voice or video request,
    > > Windows Messenger 4.7 (4.7.3001) {which should be the current build} quits
    > > and Error Reports. I tried a Remove Windows Components and Add Windows
    > > Components, however it didn't replace the corrupted files.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions on the current thinking as to how to break it enough to
    > > force file reinstallation from either a Download or Reinstallation CD.
    > > --
    > > John D. Peterson
    > > (916) 792-5163

    In addition,if you still face problem,then
    post to the specific newsgroup:-

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    johndpeterson wrote:

    > Yes, Installing 5.1 over 4.7 fixed the issue. I just assumed Windows Update
    > would push-out the latest version and obviously it doesnt.
    >
    > Thanks for the help!

Messenger Video Windows XP