changing internet settings on I Mac

Imac running OS9..5.2 anyone know how to change the
internet seetings so it will recognize my router?

Thanks

Set it to use a dynamic IP from the server/ISP.

lilo <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Set it to use a dynamic IP from the server/ISP.

In MacOS, this setting is usually called DHCP. You'll find it in the
TCP/IP control panel.

Corentin

--
--- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Hi again,

listen, I open the TCP/ip control panel I get a box with
a question "connect via" I set it to ethernet,

then the next tab asks, Using DHCP server, (as opposed to
Boot, Rarp....

then it asks for a DHCP Client ID, and I dont know what
to put in there, but as far as I cna tell there are no
other options, how do I "set it to use a dynamic IP?