DVD+R/-RW Drive also Write Cd's?

I was on the Dell website looking at their home pc's. They offer an
optical drive with this description:
"Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/dbl layer write
capability [add $48.00 ]"

Ok, the first drive would be a standard read on dvd rom. Now the second
drive - what all type of media would it write do? Would it be able to write
to CD (data and music)?

Thanks

"Von Fourche" <monaco6178@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I was on the Dell website looking at their home pc's. They offer an
> optical drive with this description:
> "Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/dbl layer write
> capability [add $48.00 ]"
>
> Ok, the first drive would be a standard read on dvd rom. Now the
> second
> drive - what all type of media would it write do? Would it be able to
> write
> to CD (data and music)?
>
> Thanks

Yes