My NEW built computer is smelling like burning plastic!

G

I just got my computer literally, 30 minutes ago. It was all set up except all I had to do was put in the power cables, which I did correctly. And the VGA cables for the monitor which I messed up twice. The first time I turned on PC nothing happened, my PC turned on but the monitor didn't so I turned my PC off. I tried it again and nothing happened. Then I realized that my VGA cable was put in the wrong place and I switched it to the right place. Now everything works fine. But there is a slight burning plastic smell, it isn't strong but I can sense it. I asked my mom and she could sense it, later again, I asked her and then she said she didn't smell anything, but I can still smell it. Am I going crazy or what? I know I can smell it.

It may be coming from the power supply since that would be the one thing that will heat upand there may even be a sticker someplace that is causing the smell. The cpu socket is another place that will have neat and a heatsink installed that is not instaslled correctly can cause more heat then normal.
Try running some temp programs to se if anything is causing heat issues. Cpu , gpu and ram are things that can be monitored.
If you can't find anything that's heating up then there is the possability that you are going crazy. lol , just kidding.
With a brand new computer there can be new smells during the break in period. If you continue the get that same smell then you can contact tthe place you bought it from and see if any action needs to be taken. Try to do this before the 30 days from purchase because that is the best and easiest time for a return. After 30 days your then dealing with the manufacturer warranty and it takes longer for things to get resolved.