Dc7700 HD Sapphire 5450

Guy i have a HP DC7700 Small Form Factor.

specs:
Intel Core 2 duo e6300 @ 1.86GHZ.
2gb ddr2 ram.
80 gb hard drive.
240watt psu.

Mainboard :
HP 0a54h
chipset intel 965.
Bios: 786E1 v01.09

------------------
I got a sapphire hd 5450 1gb ddr3 but when i plug it in the motherboard and turn on the pc press the power button.
The red light beeps 6 times and stops and then beeps 6 times... And pc won't start. But after i remove the card it boots normally.
I am using windows 7 32bit sp1.
Please help me :sweat: :sweat:
I know it is old pc but can you help me please. :( :( :(
3 answers Last reply
More about dc7700 sapphire 5450
  1. My first suspicion here would be that the graphics card was not fully seated. Try again, ensuring that the little catch on the back/bottom/heel of the card engages fully
  2. I updated the BIOS to v01.16. And still same problem :(. After pluging in the card i press the power on button cpu fans spin everything is powered on but the red light start blinking and the cpu beeps. Monitor says "No Signal". But when i take out the card pc works. Can you help me please? Do i need to do some changes in BIOS?
    I tried several time plug in and plug out...

AND cpu z is showing the Graphics interface panel greyed out..
  3. 6 beeps indicates (usually) that an expansion card has failed. Is there another computer available to try the graphics card in? It may also be related to a keyboard failure - reinserting your keyboard plug while the machine is off may help. Also, ensure you have no firewire headers occupied by USB cables and vise-versa.
    Another possibility is that the PCI slot is bad - that's on the motherboard itself.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hewlett Packard Computers