  • Office
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
August 17, 2005 7:28:14 AM

Hi everyone,

I am in need of step-by-step assistance with Remote Desktop. I am a novice
in the worst way so please be patient. Both my computer at the office and
home have Windows XP Pro SP2. The one at my office has my Gnet wired router
which I can change whatever needs to be changed (with direction hopefully
from here). I would like to transfer some files from my office computer to
my home computer. The file averages 8megs.

I am told that because I have XP Pro at both ends even with my router, that
it is a very simple and easy to set-up task. I tried looking through
Microsoft and got upset and confused. Any assistance for a breakthrough
would be wonderful.

Thanks for the above.
Sam
sitesubmit@shaw.ca for replies as well.

More about : remote desktop

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 7:28:15 AM

The easiest way would be to compress the files into one archive and
then use the facility at http://www.yousendit.com/