How to identify PC components?

ME

I was given a Gateway GS-233. I reinstalled the OS because the previous
owner deleted the HD. The owner gave me the software but now I need to
identify all the hardware so I can select the correct software to install. I
asked the original owner but he doesn't remember. I want to know everything
about this PC such as mother board, modem, sound card, HD. etc. How can I
identify the hardware? If needed please suggest a better NG for my question.
Thank you for your help.
Signed,
me

You can try using the serial number at support.gateway.com - if that
doesn't bring up a list, you'll have to open the system and visually
inspect each component for its Gateway part number (usually on a
dot-matrix sticker affixed to each part) and then look up the details.

me wrote:
> I was given a Gateway GS-233. I reinstalled the OS because the previous
> owner deleted the HD. The owner gave me the software but now I need to
> identify all the hardware so I can select the correct software to install. I
> asked the original owner but he doesn't remember. I want to know everything
> about this PC such as mother board, modem, sound card, HD. etc. How can I
> identify the hardware? If needed please suggest a better NG for my question.
> Thank you for your help.
> Signed,
> me

ME

Thank you for your speedy reply. I did as you suggested and the site did
recognize the SN but I didn't find the list, I may not be seeing it, can you
tell me where to look for it?
Signed,
me

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> You can try using the serial number at support.gateway.com - if that
> doesn't bring up a list, you'll have to open the system and visually
> inspect each component for its Gateway part number (usually on a
> dot-matrix sticker affixed to each part) and then look up the details.
>

> me wrote:
> > I was given a Gateway GS-233. I reinstalled the OS because the previous
> > owner deleted the HD. The owner gave me the software but now I need to
> > identify all the hardware so I can select the correct software to
install. I
> > asked the original owner but he doesn't remember. I want to know
everything
> > about this PC such as mother board, modem, sound card, HD. etc. How can
> > identify the hardware? If needed please suggest a better NG for my
question.
> > Thank you for your help.
> > Signed,
> > me

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

There should be a "Go to my Support" link somewhere on the page.

"me" <anonymous@_.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for your speedy reply. I did as you suggested and the site did
> recognize the SN but I didn't find the list, I may not be seeing it, can
> you
> tell me where to look for it?
> Signed,
> me
>
> "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> You can try using the serial number at support.gateway.com - if that
>> doesn't bring up a list, you'll have to open the system and visually
>> inspect each component for its Gateway part number (usually on a
>> dot-matrix sticker affixed to each part) and then look up the details.
>>

>> me wrote:
>> > I was given a Gateway GS-233. I reinstalled the OS because the previous
>> > owner deleted the HD. The owner gave me the software but now I need to
>> > identify all the hardware so I can select the correct software to
> install. I
>> > asked the original owner but he doesn't remember. I want to know
> everything
>> > about this PC such as mother board, modem, sound card, HD. etc. How can
>> > identify the hardware? If needed please suggest a better NG for my
> question.
>> > Thank you for your help.
>> > Signed,
>> > me

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

Or a "My Support Documents"

"Smith" <rangerxlt92@cox.net> wrote in message
> There should be a "Go to my Support" link somewhere on the page.
>
> "me" <anonymous@_.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you for your speedy reply. I did as you suggested and the site did
>> recognize the SN but I didn't find the list, I may not be seeing it, can
>> you
>> tell me where to look for it?
>> Signed,
>> me
>>
>> "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>> You can try using the serial number at support.gateway.com - if that
>>> doesn't bring up a list, you'll have to open the system and visually
>>> inspect each component for its Gateway part number (usually on a
>>> dot-matrix sticker affixed to each part) and then look up the details.

>> install. I
>> everything
>> question.

ME

I went to that page, when I got there I clicked on "My Support Documents"
and I now I see it. Thank you, I just didn't look hard enough,
Signed,
me