Sim card slot at the back of my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

navneet_rajtaj

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Hey guys, I recently purchased a dell studio 16 laptop. I has a sim card slot under the battery slot. I am interested in knowing if this is of any use, and also how I can use it. I went through some reserch and found the term WWAN. Can u please explain what does it mean? Is it the term for usb modem??

G

Presumaby it's for 3G cellphone-type internet -- WWAN is Wireless Wide Area Network ? (as opposed to WLAN which is wifi).

Suggest you raise this on the CNET Dell forum which is supposedly moderated by Dell techs.

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
3G Modem internet. It requires that your laptop have come with a modem installed (its optional in most configs) or that you putchase and install the aprt form Dell. It also requires a seperate data contract.

It is easier to purchase a plug in (such as USB) data card if it did not come pre-installed.

You should really start a new thread so your issue does not get lost. What you mean you can't get the sim card from yoru laptop? What issue are you having, need some details. Your contacts would not be on a card in the laptop but rather stored on the laptop's hard drive.

If you are having an issue with the laptop, you need to remove the drive and using an external case and another computer you would be able to copy the data you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.