Latitude D600 Paralell port problem & Win98 install

I use it to connect to external devices (mostly for flashing eproms) via
com and paralell port but having problem when i use parallel port (i got
error opening port). I tried win xp prof , xpsp1,sp2 , bios upgrade
(curently A15 ver) etc but all the same . I don't have problem when
using same prog with other PC (Compaq armada, Dell optiplex desktop).

Also have anyone succesfully intalled win98SE on this system . I only
succeded when installed a ghost from other PC but can'find apropriate
drivers for it.

--
viski

viski wrote:
> I use it to connect to external devices (mostly for flashing eproms)
> via com and paralell port but having problem when i use parallel port
> (i got error opening port). I tried win xp prof , xpsp1,sp2 , bios
> upgrade (curently A15 ver) etc but all the same . I don't have
> problem when using same prog with other PC (Compaq armada, Dell
> optiplex desktop).
>
> Also have anyone succesfully intalled win98SE on this system . I only
> succeded when installed a ghost from other PC but can'find apropriate
> drivers for it.

Google: xp parallel port problem. There are numerous suggestions.

> viski wrote:
>> I use it to connect to external devices (mostly for flashing eproms)
>> via com and paralell port but having problem when i use parallel port
>> (i got error opening port). I tried win xp prof , xpsp1,sp2 , bios
>> upgrade (curently A15 ver) etc but all the same . I don't have
>> problem when using same prog with other PC (Compaq armada, Dell
>> optiplex desktop).
>>
>> Also have anyone succesfully intalled win98SE on this system . I only
>> succeded when installed a ghost from other PC but can'find apropriate
>> drivers for it.
>
> Google: xp parallel port problem. There are numerous suggestions.

But it is going to be tough. XP does NOT like a program writing directly to
a port.