Strange behaviour at Start-Up of Windows XP Home Edition

Strange behaviour at Start-Up of Windows XP Home Edition

When I Start Windows, out of the 10 to 12 icons and Bars I have placed on
the desktop, all except the ATI Multi-Media Centre Bar and the Micorsoft
Office Bar. Pop-up nicely and then the System keeps endlessly working in the
background with nothing happening. If then, if I abort the hang-up by
rebooting the System, all the icons and the two above-mentioned Bars pop up
without any flaw. Restart button also leads to a flawless Start.

Is there any way to detect the glitch causing this problem and a method to
remove it?

P. Jayant
1 answer Last reply
More about strange behaviour start windows home edition

    Depends.....

    Too much background noise and do you auto-logon?

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "P.Jayant" <pjayant@sancharnet.in> wrote in message
    > Strange behaviour at Start-Up of Windows XP Home Edition
    >

    > When I Start Windows, out of the 10 to 12 icons and Bars I have placed on
    > the desktop, all except the ATI Multi-Media Centre Bar and the Micorsoft
    > Office Bar. Pop-up nicely and then the System keeps endlessly working in
    > the
    > background with nothing happening. If then, if I abort the hang-up by
    > rebooting the System, all the icons and the two above-mentioned Bars pop
    > up
    > without any flaw. Restart button also leads to a flawless Start.
    >

    > Is there any way to detect the glitch causing this problem and a method to
    > remove it?
    >

    > P. Jayant

Windows XP Microsoft Icons