Sign in with
Your question

In the market for a new gaming laptop

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 5, 2010 10:39:52 PM

1_What is your budget? <1400

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15inches+

3_What screen resolution do you want? Not really sure...

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement

5_How much battery life do you need? Not an issue really

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? This will be primarily a gaming laptop. I would get desktop, but I really need a laptop for school. I would like to play most games on high settings at high resolution. I've heard Crysis is the most graphics intensive game on the market, so I guess I would like to play that at Medium - High settings (If that is even feasible for under $1400)

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Movies, Internet...nothing too intensive other than gaming

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? Not a huge issue, 250gigs would be enough

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. Originally had my heart set on Alienware just because I have wanted one since I was in middle school, but I have read that they are very overpriced. I checked out Sony Vaio F series but they seem a little over priced too.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? I would like it to be able to play new games at decent settings for at least 2 years...if that isn't too much to ask.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD/CD burner

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I am open to suggestions

13_What country do you live in? United States

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. I've been out of the PC gaming loop for a few years now but I want to get back into it. If any manufacturers support laptop cpu/video card upgrades that would be a pluse. (i really don't know, I remember it was pretty much impossible to upgrade laptops back when I was really into PC gaming.)

More about : market gaming laptop

a c 244 D Laptop
February 6, 2010 8:51:20 AM

ASUS G51jx and AW M15x would be good options
!