PC wont boot after using restore cd

Hi :confused: I have my friends pc a emachines t1742 running windows XP
home and I used the retore cd's to do a system restore. I put in the
first cd and symantec ghost came up and then it said to put in the next
media cd and I did. It went all the way through then said to press any
key to start. Then it came up with a blue screen and it said please
wait while windows starts up then it went to a black screen and nothing
happened. Does anyone know what happened. Does emachines restore disks
use norton ghost to restore? Don't know where to start. Please HELP!!
Thanks Tim

--
CHEESEHEADMAN

I don't think EMachines does that.
Is the restore CD you have marked as an EMachines disk?
Or is it a home made type?

--
For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
"CHEESEHEADMAN" <CHEESEHEADMAN.1tw8e3@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hi :confused: I have my friends pc a emachines t1742 running windows XP
> home and I used the retore cd's to do a system restore. I put in the
> first cd and symantec ghost came up and then it said to put in the next
> media cd and I did. It went all the way through then said to press any
> key to start. Then it came up with a blue screen and it said please
> wait while windows starts up then it went to a black screen and nothing
> happened. Does anyone know what happened. Does emachines restore disks
> use norton ghost to restore? Don't know where to start. Please HELP!!
> Thanks Tim
>

> --
> CHEESEHEADMAN

Sounds like something an individual made, not the company that made the PC.
Ask your friend where he got the Emachines PC and backtrack from there.

http://www.emachines.com/support/upgrades.html

http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=desktop&subcat=T-Series&model=T1742

"CHEESEHEADMAN" <CHEESEHEADMAN.1tw8e3@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hi :confused: I have my friends pc a emachines t1742 running windows XP
> home and I used the retore cd's to do a system restore. I put in the
> first cd and symantec ghost came up and then it said to put in the next
> media cd and I did. It went all the way through then said to press any
> key to start. Then it came up with a blue screen and it said please
> wait while windows starts up then it went to a black screen and nothing
> happened. Does anyone know what happened. Does emachines restore disks
> use norton ghost to restore? Don't know where to start. Please HELP!!
> Thanks Tim
>

> --
> CHEESEHEADMAN

CHEESEHEADMAN <CHEESEHEADMAN.1tw8e3@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>Hi :confused: I have my friends pc a emachines t1742 running windows XP
>home and I used the retore cd's to do a system restore. I put in the
>first cd and symantec ghost came up and then it said to put in the next
>media cd and I did. It went all the way through then said to press any
>key to start. Then it came up with a blue screen and it said please
>wait while windows starts up then it went to a black screen and nothing
>happened. Does anyone know what happened. Does emachines restore disks
>use norton ghost to restore? Don't know where to start. Please HELP!!
>Thanks Tim

Take the CD out of the drive before restarting the computer and see if
that helps.

Also bring up the Windows XP Startup Menu and try starting in Safe
Mode.

To bring up the Startup Menu turn the computer on and start tapping
the F8 key rapidly when the first information of any kind shows on the
screen. Keep tapping until the Startup Menu appears. If the Windows
XP Startup splash screen shows instead then you have missed it and
need to restart and try again.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--