Sygate being acquired by Symantec

August 17, 2005 10:41:09 AM

http://sygate.com/
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 12:12:10 PM

R. McCarty wrote:
> http://sygate.com/

So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?

--
Peace!
Kurt

Probably a condition of the sale. That's why I just posted the simple
announcement. You need to add a new website to your collection
just for Symantec/Norton - "Black Hole Software" - nothing that's
innovative or free escapes it's stellar pull.

news:o qGMnTyoFHA.3988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> R. McCarty wrote:
>> http://sygate.com/
>
> So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 12:52:15 PM

RIP Sygate.. yet another product that I will not be able to recommend..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> http://sygate.com/

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 1:32:47 PM

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:12:10 -0400, "kurttrail"
<dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

>R. McCarty wrote:
>> http://sygate.com/
>
>So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?

Don't worry Kurt. Someone will post the latest free version on
another web site.

Greg Ro
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:52:13 PM

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:32:47 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm11@yes.lycos.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:12:10 -0400, "kurttrail"
><dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
>
>>R. McCarty wrote:
>>> http://sygate.com/
>>
>>So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?
>
>Don't worry Kurt. Someone will post the latest free version on
>another web site.
>
>Greg Ro

Hopefully, Symantec will do a quicker job of upgrading Sygate
Personal Firewall Pro than Sygate did.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that conversations may be kept in order
August 17, 2005 6:05:26 PM

Donald McDaniel wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:32:47 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm11@yes.lycos.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:12:10 -0400, "kurttrail"
>> <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

>>> So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?
>>
>> Don't worry Kurt. Someone will post the latest free version on
>> another web site.
>>
>> Greg Ro
>
> Hopefully, Symantec will do a quicker job of upgrading Sygate
> Personal Firewall Pro than Sygate did.

Yep, Symantec will upgrade SPF like it did PQ's Drive Image. Upgraded
to Nirvana!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 6:25:46 PM

Unfortunate :|

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> http://sygate.com/

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 6:36:08 PM

Kurt

Nirvana is a nice place.. Symantec have no right to litter the place with
their surplus junk, however good the stuff may have been before the
acquisition.. :-)

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

> Donald McDaniel wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:32:47 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm11@yes.lycos.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Don't worry Kurt. Someone will post the latest free version on
>>> another web site.
>>>
>>> Greg Ro
>>
>> Hopefully, Symantec will do a quicker job of upgrading Sygate
>> Personal Firewall Pro than Sygate did.
>
> Yep, Symantec will upgrade SPF like it did PQ's Drive Image. Upgraded to
> Nirvana!
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

August 17, 2005 7:39:10 PM

I still use an older version of Sygate. The last couple of versions seemed
buggier / crashed more frequently. So perhaps it was a good time to sell up
shop.

Jon

"Greg Ro" <webworm11@yes.lycos.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:12:10 -0400, "kurttrail"
> <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
>
>>R. McCarty wrote:
>>> http://sygate.com/
>>
>>So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?
>
> Don't worry Kurt. Someone will post the latest free version on
> another web site.
>
> Greg Ro
August 18, 2005 5:43:45 AM

Let's hope that they go nowhere close to ZA. That would be catastrophic.
The dominance symantec is trying to create for itself is deleterious to
security software competitors.

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> http://sygate.com/

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 5:43:46 AM

The Government lays in the bushes waiting for Microsoft to buy or
include some new feature in Windows. But Symantec just keeps
on selling Bloatware at High prices to fund all these acquisitions.
I would think after Veritas & PowerQuest somebody at the DOJ
might start giving Symantec a closer look. I guess they might only
get interested if Symantec starts snuggling up to McAfee.
Perhaps Symantec contributes more money to political parties (?)

!