    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    news:eQpXvgxoFHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > http://sygate.com/

    R. McCarty wrote:
    > http://sygate.com/

    Another useful product bites the dust. How Sad.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    R. McCarty wrote:
    > http://sygate.com/

    So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Probably a condition of the sale. That's why I just posted the simple
    announcement. You need to add a new website to your collection
    just for Symantec/Norton - "Black Hole Software" - nothing that's
    innovative or free escapes it's stellar pull.

    > R. McCarty wrote:
    >> http://sygate.com/
    >
    > So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    RIP Sygate.. yet another product that I will not be able to recommend..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > http://sygate.com/

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:12:10 -0400, "kurttrail"
    <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    >R. McCarty wrote:
    >> http://sygate.com/
    >
    >So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?

    Don't worry Kurt. Someone will post the latest free version on
    another web site.

    Greg Ro

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:32:47 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm11@yes.lycos.com>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:12:10 -0400, "kurttrail"
    ><dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
    >
    >>R. McCarty wrote:
    >>> http://sygate.com/
    >>
    >>So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?
    >
    >Don't worry Kurt. Someone will post the latest free version on
    >another web site.
    >
    >Greg Ro

    Hopefully, Symantec will do a quicker job of upgrading Sygate
    Personal Firewall Pro than Sygate did.

    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread
    so that conversations may be kept in order

    Donald McDaniel wrote:
    > On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:32:47 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm11@yes.lycos.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:12:10 -0400, "kurttrail"
    >> <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    >>> So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?
    >>
    >> Don't worry Kurt. Someone will post the latest free version on
    >> another web site.
    >>
    >> Greg Ro
    >
    > Hopefully, Symantec will do a quicker job of upgrading Sygate
    > Personal Firewall Pro than Sygate did.

    Yep, Symantec will upgrade SPF like it did PQ's Drive Image. Upgraded
    to Nirvana!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Unfortunate :|

    --
    - Mark Randall
    http://zetech.swehli.com

    "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > http://sygate.com/

    Kurt

    Nirvana is a nice place.. Symantec have no right to litter the place with
    their surplus junk, however good the stuff may have been before the
    acquisition.. :-)

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    > Donald McDaniel wrote:
    >> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:32:47 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm11@yes.lycos.com>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Don't worry Kurt. Someone will post the latest free version on
    >>> another web site.
    >>>
    >>> Greg Ro
    >>
    >> Hopefully, Symantec will do a quicker job of upgrading Sygate
    >> Personal Firewall Pro than Sygate did.
    >
    > Yep, Symantec will upgrade SPF like it did PQ's Drive Image. Upgraded to
    > Nirvana!
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    I still use an older version of Sygate. The last couple of versions seemed
    buggier / crashed more frequently. So perhaps it was a good time to sell up
    shop.

    Jon

    "Greg Ro" <webworm11@yes.lycos.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:12:10 -0400, "kurttrail"
    > <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
    >
    >>R. McCarty wrote:
    >>> http://sygate.com/
    >>
    >>So how long do you think it will take Sym to dump the free SPF?
    >
    > Don't worry Kurt. Someone will post the latest free version on
    > another web site.
    >
    > Greg Ro

    Let's hope that they go nowhere close to ZA. That would be catastrophic.
    The dominance symantec is trying to create for itself is deleterious to
    security software competitors.

    "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > http://sygate.com/

    The Government lays in the bushes waiting for Microsoft to buy or
    include some new feature in Windows. But Symantec just keeps
    on selling Bloatware at High prices to fund all these acquisitions.
    I would think after Veritas & PowerQuest somebody at the DOJ
    might start giving Symantec a closer look. I guess they might only
    get interested if Symantec starts snuggling up to McAfee.
    Perhaps Symantec contributes more money to political parties (?)

    "SC" <a@bb.com> wrote in message
    > Let's hope that they go nowhere close to ZA. That would be catastrophic.
    > The dominance symantec is trying to create for itself is deleterious to
    > security software competitors.
    >

    > "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> http://sygate.com/

Symantec Microsoft Windows XP Product