cpu temp

G

Silicon will melt somewhere over 100C so anything under 70c is ok, my cpu run around 35-40c but my home is pretty cool. Id say your 55 degree isnt a problem.

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I just got done overclocking a 1.8A to 2.4. I had to up the voltage .75 volts and under heavy load it was 54 C. I think you're okay but it seems a bit warm to me. In my experience with stock cooling the P4's run in the high 30's to mid 40's at default voltage.

Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer. -- Homer Simpson.

G

Stock cooling is the fan that came with the processor, you can buy more efficient solution to lower your temperature...54 seams a bit high but it wont do any harm to your system so its no big deal...

tennen

Distinguished
May 25, 2003
Then if I in the future would like to overclock a bit a should get some better stock cooling, right? What can that cost?
At what temp would it be bad for my cpu and how much can I lower the temp by just buying case fans? I have no case fan at the moment..

G

Depending on your home temp, with good air flow in your PC im sure you can lower that temperature around 40c. I got 2 case fan, one in front of the HD sucking in the air, the other at the back pulling it out. As I said my P4 2.26 will run around 35c with good ventilation and my hosue temps is around 20c tough

TRENDING THREADS