Video driver for Presario 1650 laptop under Win ME?

I am trying to refurbish a Compaq Presario 1650 laptop.

It came to me secondhand with crashed hard drive and no Compaq
software. Got it running well with a generic Win 98SE, though screen
resolution was only VGA.

To get decent screen resolution I had to use the MAGICGRAPH128XD
(6.16) DRIVER VERSION 4.10.01.0009, which runs under Win 98 (took a
lot of searching on the web to get that one).

To improve my access to hard ware I now want to upgrade the OS to Win
ME.

Does anybody know whether a video driver for the Presario 1650 is
included in Win ME? Or will the existing MagicGraph128XD still work?

"Richard Wright" <richwrigREMOVE@tig.com.au> wrote in message
>I am trying to refurbish a Compaq Presario 1650 laptop.
>
> It came to me secondhand with crashed hard drive and no Compaq
> software. Got it running well with a generic Win 98SE, though screen
> resolution was only VGA.
>
> To get decent screen resolution I had to use the MAGICGRAPH128XD
> (6.16) DRIVER VERSION 4.10.01.0009, which runs under Win 98 (took a
> lot of searching on the web to get that one).
>
> To improve my access to hard ware I now want to upgrade the OS to Win
> ME.
>
> Does anybody know whether a video driver for the Presario 1650 is
> included in Win ME? Or will the existing MagicGraph128XD still work?

What hardware are you trying to support that Me supports and 98 does not?
Me is NOT a good upgrade. Buggy, unreliable OS.

Tom

try this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=95217&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=8&submit.x=4&lang=en&cc=us

Google is your best friend!

Richard Wright wrote:
> I am trying to refurbish a Compaq Presario 1650 laptop.
>
> It came to me secondhand with crashed hard drive and no Compaq
> software. Got it running well with a generic Win 98SE, though screen
> resolution was only VGA.
>
> To get decent screen resolution I had to use the MAGICGRAPH128XD
> (6.16) DRIVER VERSION 4.10.01.0009, which runs under Win 98 (took a
> lot of searching on the web to get that one).
>
> To improve my access to hard ware I now want to upgrade the OS to Win
> ME.
>
> Does anybody know whether a video driver for the Presario 1650 is
> included in Win ME? Or will the existing MagicGraph128XD still work?

hh

Friends don't let friends install WinMe.
HH

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 12:33:14 GMT, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
wrote:

>"Richard Wright" <richwrigREMOVE@tig.com.au> wrote in message
>>I am trying to refurbish a Compaq Presario 1650 laptop.
>>
>> It came to me secondhand with crashed hard drive and no Compaq
>> software. Got it running well with a generic Win 98SE, though screen
>> resolution was only VGA.
>>
>> To get decent screen resolution I had to use the MAGICGRAPH128XD
>> (6.16) DRIVER VERSION 4.10.01.0009, which runs under Win 98 (took a
>> lot of searching on the web to get that one).
>>
>> To improve my access to hard ware I now want to upgrade the OS to Win
>> ME.
>>
>> Does anybody know whether a video driver for the Presario 1650 is
>> included in Win ME? Or will the existing MagicGraph128XD still work?
>

>What hardware are you trying to support that Me supports and 98 does not?
>Me is NOT a good upgrade. Buggy, unreliable OS.
>
>Tom

A USB PenDrive, for a start - hopefully. PenDrive's software is
supposed to support Win98, but it doesn't for me (and for many others,
to judge by Google).

Point is that I already have legit ME upgrade disk.

TRENDING THREADS