Unattend Install

I am having an issue with the unattend install. I have created the
unattend.txt file but when it get to the product ID it fails to pick it up or
invalid. But if at that time this happens I manually enter in the sasme ID
code it runs fine. What have I done wrong?

Wayne
2 answers Last reply
More about unattend install

    unattended installs vary in the way the product ID is set

    you don't mention if its XP itself or office etc

    check on technet for the product you are using.

    thanks

    "jbond_13" wrote:

    > I am having an issue with the unattend install. I have created the
    > unattend.txt file but when it get to the product ID it fails to pick it up or
    > invalid. But if at that time this happens I manually enter in the sasme ID
    > code it runs fine. What have I done wrong?
    >
    > Wayne

    Well I have spent the whole week trying to get someone to tell me how or even
    give or show me a unattend that works. But no one has, so I guess that it
    fails to work for more than the ones it works for. This is XP Pro that I am
    trying to rollout.

    "Techy_Boy" wrote:

    > unattended installs vary in the way the product ID is set
    >
    > you don't mention if its XP itself or office etc
    >
    > check on technet for the product you are using.
    >

    > thanks
    >

    > "jbond_13" wrote:
    >
    > > I am having an issue with the unattend install. I have created the
    > > unattend.txt file but when it get to the product ID it fails to pick it up or
    > > invalid. But if at that time this happens I manually enter in the sasme ID
    > > code it runs fine. What have I done wrong?
    > >
    > > Wayne

Microsoft Windows XP