Sign in with
Your question

PCI Device & PCI Simple Communication Controller

Last response: in Windows 7
October 27, 2012 5:23:49 PM

Hello,
I could not find the drivers for both PCI Device and PCI Simple Communication Device for my lap top model, HP1000-1136TU. What are these drivers for and how do I find them?
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 27, 2012 5:27:56 PM

Hi :) 

HP Support for drivers...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
October 27, 2012 5:49:38 PM

I know HP supports for drivers..and I have downloaded all drivers except these two drivers which I am not too clear as what drivers they are and their functions.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 27, 2012 5:51:03 PM

thana said:
I know HP supports for drivers..and I have downloaded all drivers except these two drivers which I am not too clear as what drivers they are and their functions.

Hi :) 

You just install ALL the drivers for your model....

The first one could be anything, the second is your modem...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
October 28, 2012 2:14:21 AM

Hi Brett,

I have installed Display driver, chipset, network card driver, sound card driver, youcam and bluetooth but still the PCI Device and PCI Simple Communication controller drivers are not installed. The system works fine but I just wonder what are these components and their functions and as well the drivers that may make them work. Thanks.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 28, 2012 2:50:57 AM

That's a second-gen core i system so one of the drivers is probably the Intel Management Engine driver (found under the chip set section). The other may be the HP quick launch button driver or the card reader driver.
m
l
!