Uninstalling a copy of XP Home

August 17, 2005 11:21:03 AM

Hi - it's a long story but I now have at least three Windows folders on my
PC. I'm currently using C:/Windows1 as the source for my OS but the old
folder (c:/windows) and a third (C:/windows11) need to be deleted.

How can I do that? Do I just use the uninstall file within each folder to
clear them. Will that leave windows1 alone and just clear the contents of
each folder? And will I lose my application flders - programme files etc -
if I do this?

Thanks

More about : uninstalling copy home

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 7:29:51 PM

Hi

Please try the following article by Michael Stevens:

"I have two installations of XP on the same partition........"
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Shrinkingman" <Shrinkingman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi - it's a long story but I now have at least three Windows folders on my
> PC. I'm currently using C:/Windows1 as the source for my OS but the old
> folder (c:/windows) and a third (C:/windows11) need to be deleted.
>
> How can I do that? Do I just use the uninstall file within each folder to
> clear them. Will that leave windows1 alone and just clear the contents of
> each folder? And will I lose my application flders - programme files
> etc -
> if I do this?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 7:29:52 PM

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please try the following article by Michael Stevens:
>
> "I have two installations of XP on the same partition........"
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Shrinkingman" <Shrinkingman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi - it's a long story but I now have at least three Windows folders on my
> > PC. I'm currently using C:/Windows1 as the source for my OS but the old
> > folder (c:/windows) and a third (C:/windows11) need to be deleted.
> >
> > How can I do that? Do I just use the uninstall file within each folder to
> > clear them. Will that leave windows1 alone and just clear the contents of
> > each folder? And will I lose my application flders - programme files
> > etc -
> > if I do this?
> >
> > Thanks
>

> Will

Many thanks for the very quick reply. It's worked brilliantly.
!