Uninstalling a copy of XP Home

Hi - it's a long story but I now have at least three Windows folders on my
PC. I'm currently using C:/Windows1 as the source for my OS but the old
folder (c:/windows) and a third (C:/windows11) need to be deleted.

How can I do that? Do I just use the uninstall file within each folder to
clear them. Will that leave windows1 alone and just clear the contents of
each folder? And will I lose my application flders - programme files etc -
if I do this?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about uninstalling copy home

    Hi

    Please try the following article by Michael Stevens:

    "I have two installations of XP on the same partition........"
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please try the following article by Michael Stevens:
    >
    > "I have two installations of XP on the same partition........"
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Shrinkingman" <Shrinkingman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi - it's a long story but I now have at least three Windows folders on my
    > > PC. I'm currently using C:/Windows1 as the source for my OS but the old
    > > folder (c:/windows) and a third (C:/windows11) need to be deleted.
    > >
    > > How can I do that? Do I just use the uninstall file within each folder to
    > > clear them. Will that leave windows1 alone and just clear the contents of
    > > each folder? And will I lose my application flders - programme files
    > > etc -
    > > if I do this?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    >

    > Will

    Many thanks for the very quick reply. It's worked brilliantly.

Microsoft Windows XP