The Simpsons Damaged NOS Playfield Restioation

Hi All,
I just got done with a Data East "The Simpsons" playfield restoration.
This is a never installed NOS playfield that was sitting in a friends
basement for years. The plywood must have been subject to moisture as it
had started to plank over the entire top half of the playfield. The
worst planking was at the top. Also there was mold damage towards the
top 5 inches. The other challenge this playfield restoration offered was
when it went through the dimple press at the factory someone put it in
upside down and it had dimple holds all over it the playfield side. The
press also hit some inserts. These I had to replace using inserts from
an old playfield I had.

Sadly I didn't start taking pictures till after I had started but you
can get an idea of what I had to work with when you look at the pics.

If you'd like to take a look, follow the link below and then page down
to click on the "Simpsons Restoration Project" link.

Enjoy and Happy 4th of July to all my American friends!

http://home.wi.rr.com/pinballpassion/

Thanks for sharing this with me,
Dave

very nice work.

i never noticed moes hair was white before ;-)

also, it's DOHHHHHHHHHHHH! (not doooo! ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 23:43:23 GMT, David Schulpius
<dschulpius@wi.rr.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
> I just got done with a Data East "The Simpsons" playfield restoration.
>This is a never installed NOS playfield that was sitting in a friends
>basement for years. The plywood must have been subject to moisture as it
>had started to plank over the entire top half of the playfield. The
>worst planking was at the top. Also there was mold damage towards the
>top 5 inches. The other challenge this playfield restoration offered was
>when it went through the dimple press at the factory someone put it in
>upside down and it had dimple holds all over it the playfield side. The
>press also hit some inserts. These I had to replace using inserts from
>an old playfield I had.
>
>Sadly I didn't start taking pictures till after I had started but you
>can get an idea of what I had to work with when you look at the pics.
>
>If you'd like to take a look, follow the link below and then page down
>to click on the "Simpsons Restoration Project" link.
>
>Enjoy and Happy 4th of July to all my American friends!
>
>http://home.wi.rr.com/pinballpassion/
>
>Thanks for sharing this with me,
>Dave

If you want to split hairs, it's officially "D'oh".

;-)

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

Chris Lyon wrote:
> If you want to split hairs, it's officially "D'oh".
>
> ;-)

Homer doesn't have enough hairs left to be able to afford splitting
them.

Thanks for sharing, Dave. Always a pleasure to see your work.

Al

On 3 Jul 2005 17:19:50 -0700, "Chris Lyon" <ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com>
wrote:

>If you want to split hairs, it's officially "D'oh".
>
>;-)

looks right to me :)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

A thing of beauty Dave! Congrats and great work! Thanks for sharing.

Bucci's Pinball Arcade
"My collection & obsession online"
http://www.buccisarcade.com

"David Schulpius" <dschulpius@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I just got done with a Data East "The Simpsons" playfield restoration.
> This is a never installed NOS playfield that was sitting in a friends
> basement for years. The plywood must have been subject to moisture as it
> had started to plank over the entire top half of the playfield. The worst
> planking was at the top. Also there was mold damage towards the top 5
> inches. The other challenge this playfield restoration offered was when it
> went through the dimple press at the factory someone put it in upside down
> and it had dimple holds all over it the playfield side. The press also hit
> some inserts. These I had to replace using inserts from an old playfield I
> had.
>
> Sadly I didn't start taking pictures till after I had started but you can
> get an idea of what I had to work with when you look at the pics.
>
> If you'd like to take a look, follow the link below and then page down to
> click on the "Simpsons Restoration Project" link.
>
> Enjoy and Happy 4th of July to all my American friends!
>
> http://home.wi.rr.com/pinballpassion/
>
> Thanks for sharing this with me,
> Dave

Thanks for keeping me from makeing a phule of myself with my bad
spelling. The change has been made. :)

Thanks for the pat on the back also!

Dave

frenchy wrote:

> Chris Lyon wrote:
>
>>If you want to split hairs, it's officially "D'oh".
>>
>>;-)
>

> Homer doesn't have enough hairs left to be able to afford splitting
> them.

Nice work.