[Solved] Win 7 Xp mode

JAY931DOC

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Can't get CANON BJC 210 to print from XP MODE. Everything goes to PRINT QUEUE, and there appears no connection or communication with the LPT port. Windows print troubleshooting no help, and even printing attempts from command prompt results in nothing happening. Printer responds normally to beeps from holding down the power button, but nothing from print tests or commands from the computer.

XP MODE works fine otherwise.

I've made sure printer is online and tried unplugging and plugging back in the power supply several times.

This particular printer model won't install in WIN 7, but worked perfectly in WIN XP prior to upgrade. Also careful to inactivate the USB option during installation with updated driver.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

JAY931DOC

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Do you mean from the CD that came with the printer? I tried that in WIN 7 and it wouldn't accept the disc. So in the XP MODE I made sure the driver was updated and it installed just fine and I thought that would be enough.

Are you saying I should try the same CD again in the XP MODE?

Thank you for responding.

JAY931DOC.

Hi :)

Yes I am saying that you NEED to install that cd in XP mode....

All the best Brett :)

JAY931DOC

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

Installed CD in XP MODE. Then restarted and tried printer again. Same results. Everything goes into print queue with seemingly no connection or communication between printer and virtual P.C.

Does inactivating USB option during installation automatically enable LPT in Virtual Machine, or is there something else I should have done? As the problem seems to be that nothing in the XP MODE is going to the LPT port.

Again, thank you for your assistance and comments.

JAY931DOC

Hi :)

LPT ??? Thats for a parallel connector.... you need to set a USB port.... (assuming its a usb printer)

All the best Brett :)

JAY931DOC

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

CANON BJC 210 is a parallel port printer. That's my problem and question. Can LPT be enabled in WIN 7 XP MODE, and is there anything specific in installation to do so? Or is the XP MODE exclusively for USB printers?

JAY931DOC