There IS Pinball in Atlantic Beach

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I just returned from a great 2 week vacation in Emerald Isle, NC. I
wanted to pass along to anyone else who might be visiting the area that
there is indeed pinball still to be found on Atlantic Beach. Nothing
like I had in the 60's & 70's there but there was some great playing to
be found.

Lost Treasure Golf - arcade next to the Go Carts. This arcade is
located in Salter Path, it was about 5 min from our house!
They've got a new LOTR and a nice South Park. Both working great,
playing 100%. I had the chance to take a pic of these.
http://home.comcast.net/~dlhenson/IMG_1513.JPG

Oceana Pier Arcade. Obviously located on the Oceana Pier in Atlantic
Beach. They had a great Whirlwind, working 100%! as well as a nice
Goldeneye. Sorry, I did't have the camera with me in my bathing suit.
Warning... no air conditioning in this arcade!

Happy 4th of July to everyone!

- Don

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

There was an area across the bridge from Cape Carteret that had a water
slide and go carts, no arcade at present. That might be the area you
remember. Another arcade in Atlantic Beach called Jungleland had a
large arcade with lots of vids and redemption machines, no pins (blah).

The arcade at Lost Treasure was small but nice. Had a couple of air
hockey tables, about a dozen vids and the two pins in the picture.

The Oceana Pier arcade was small but finding the Whirlwind made my
arcade search worthwhile. It was great to find that machine on
location and working so well. Man, I sure was glad the fan topper was
working!! I bet it was 85 degrees in that small room.

Feel free to use the picture, glad someone can. Sorry I couldn't get a
pic of the other 2 machines.

- Don

Don,
Would this be near Cartaret, NC? I was there about 12 years ago, taped
some cool high speed cart races on 8 mm vid. they had a Galaga vid, which I
played for almost a half hour, best game I ever played. This was the only
race I attended which took place on pavement. Fast action, mean crashes,
spinouts.
The arcade I am thinking of also had a small roller coaster maybe and a
water slide?

Could I use this pic for my site,
http://www.pingeek.com
?