Clipboard

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Ok, I'm using mandrake 8.2, with everything in the office apps loaded except languages I'm not using/know.

When I use the builtin "Konquerer", the clipboard works fine. I can copy text off a web page, create a text file, and just ctl-v it right into the text document.
Mozilla does't play nicely. I can cut/paste within Mozilla, but into a text file or anywhere else does't work.
I have the app "clipboard viewer" running down in the taskbar/tray, and it will not show anything I have copied inside Mozilla.

Who's @$$ can I beat to get Mozilla to play nicely with all the other kids? Toolz like bull whips, cattle prods, and bb-gunz are not a problem...

C@lling it like I c it...

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
With mozilla, just highlight the text...then when you want to paste to another file, just click the middle button (or press your scroll wheel).

If you only have a two button mouse and "3-button emulated", press both left and right buttons together.

That's the fasest and easiest way to copy and paste, no need to ctl+c/ctl+v.....just highlight and middle click.

Disregard my previous post.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
The actual method is just semantics.

Mozilla == no-worky with other programs.

It will not copy text anywhere outside of Mozilla. I can copy a url, open another Mozilla tab or window, and paste it there just fine. But if I try to paste that same url into a text document or Konquerer bar, it doesn't work. Nothing pastes. I'm thinking I have a config file that has a variable "Frikkin work with other programs" set to "0" instead of "1".

Remember when that drill instructor went off on Pvt. Pyle for having a jelly doughnut? Dude, it's the same thing here with Mozilla...

"WTF is *THIS*?"

"*WTF* IS >THIS<?"

"WTFISTHIS!?!?!?"

C@lling it like I c it...

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
hmmm...thats wierd.
the method i method works flawlessly with me, even copying a url from mozilla to a knoqueror browser.

oh well....you know how it is, it'll for some but not others.

Disregard my previous post.

poorboy

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2002
Maybe you need to update Mozilla to the current version. I just tried C+c C+v, and also middle click, on my box, and it works fine.

<i>Do I look like I care?</i>

TRENDING THREADS