What's a good GIU text file diff utility ?

I'd like to find a nice GUI diff utility that's programmer oriented.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Al Dykes wrote:
> I'd like to find a nice GUI diff utility that's programmer oriented.
>
> Any suggestions ?

I use the tool included with SlickEdit (www.slickedit.com). If all
you're looking for is a diff tool then it's a bit expensive as the
primary purpose of SlickEdit is as an editor for source files (many,
many types of source files). But the diff tool included has met all my
needs.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

mark

Al Dykes (adykes@panix.com) wrote:

> I'd like to find a nice GUI diff utility that's programmer oriented.

The best diff utility is Beyond Compare
http://www.scootersoftware.com/
It compares anything and everything, files, folders, drivers, Simply superb
and saved my bacon many times.

Mark

> > I'd like to find a nice GUI diff utility that's programmer oriented.

You may also check our Compare It! from http://www.grigsoft.com/

Igor Green
http://www.grigsoft.com/
Compare It! + Synchronize It! - files and folders comparison never was
easier!

frodo

Ztree has a built-in compare util, good for .C files etc. I use this all
the time to check changes on checked-in source code. A very useful tool
for all its hundreds of features - but not for the novice, way too
powerful and easy to shoot yourself in the foot. But once you've used it
a bit you'll wonder how you ever survived without it. The Best file
mananger, bar none.

As previously mentioned, Beyond Compare is the best compare tool out
there, no doubt. Does everything well.

And virtually all programmer's editors have this feature built-in too.
As do any version control tools. What programming suite are you using?