What OEM puts together the best systems?

wickedlyfundom

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
What OEM puts together the best systems? I am looking for an OEM that uses quality parts, great price point and allows me to highly customize certain parts(choice of motherboard, videocard, soundcard). I am tired of Dell, or Alienware which just gives me a couple of choices. Please let me know which OEMs you think are the best and why.
thanks

Maverick494

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2003
Falcon Northwest is pretty good. You can try a local small computer store (though they sometimes lack selection), you can order it all yourself and put it together yourself. If you are in the seattle area I would be willing to give you a hand. I just got done ordering all my stuff and will be getting my PC here hopefully by friday. Other than that you could try google and search for custom built PC's.

Just a computer junky

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
<A HREF="http://www.monarchcomputer.com" target="_new">Monarch Computer</A>. One of the top resellers. Flexability in their custom configurator. Choose from over 60 motherboards (nforce2, Springdale, Canterwood, etc.). Any "C" variant Pentium4 - 800MHz FSB and hyperthreading. RAID 0, RAID 1. ATi 9800 Pro. ...

<b><font color=blue>I agree with that solution ... because it is a logical one.</font color=blue></b>

gaviota

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
www.pcprogress.com has a good custom PC configurator too.