  • Boot
  • Devices
  • Windows XP
August 17, 2005 2:32:04 PM

I'm not a hardware oriented guy. My PC was working fine and then suddenly it
won't reboot. I turn my PC on, but no sounds, no error messages, nothing,
only "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert Boot media in selected
boot device". Hard drive does not make a sound. I don't recall installing
anything new. My dumb mistake is that I had no backup. Does it mean my hard
drive is completely gone or is there any advice somebody can give me? Thanks,
I'd appreciate any help.

P4, 2.8 Mhz
512 Mb Ram
80 Gb HD (Wester Direct)
Win XP Pro

More about : boot

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 1:48:52 AM

Take a look to see if you have a floppy in the floppy drive. If yes,
remove and restart.
"johann59" <johann59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not a hardware oriented guy. My PC was working fine and then suddenly
> it
> won't reboot. I turn my PC on, but no sounds, no error messages, nothing,
> only "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert Boot media in
> selected
> boot device". Hard drive does not make a sound. I don't recall installing
> anything new. My dumb mistake is that I had no backup. Does it mean my
> hard
> drive is completely gone or is there any advice somebody can give me?
> Thanks,
> I'd appreciate any help.
>
> P4, 2.8 Mhz
> 512 Mb Ram
> 80 Gb HD (Wester Direct)
> Win XP Pro
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 1:48:53 AM

No, there is not floppy. I should have given more info. Here it goes, in
the chance somebody can help. Thanks.

Here goes the info I could get:
Generic PC
Motherboard: Not sure, on the back of the PC is says: (ECA-ATX8300PRO)
Energy supply: 300W

BIOS Information:
Intel Corporation D865GBF DESLTOP BOARD
Serial Number; BQBF32807784