Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[Solved] Ethernet controller driver windows 7 64 bit

Last response: in Windows 7
October 28, 2012 12:03:17 AM

My ethernet controller has no driver installed and no driver appears to be necessary. If so in the Devize manager, why is there a "?" mark besides ethernet controller?
a b $ Windows 7
October 28, 2012 12:51:22 AM

An Ethernet controller does need a driver to work, and since there is no driver installed, Device Manager placed a question mark next to it to indicate there is a problem.

A properly installed Ethernet controller driver should have a more descriptive label than "Ethernet Controller".

The specs for your computer should state what type of Ethernet controller it uses.

Casey
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 28, 2012 3:38:39 AM

If you can post the brand and model of your computer and whether it's a laptop or desktop ? The install disk for your computer dhould have had the driver for the network controller. So you need to look at the specifications of you Pc to see what brand it is.
m
l
Related resources
October 28, 2012 2:11:57 PM

inzone said:
If you can post the brand and model of your computer and whether it's a laptop or desktop ? The install disk for your computer dhould have had the driver for the network controller. So you need to look at the specifications of you Pc to see what brand it is.

I do not have a installation disk.

This is a Toshiba Satellite L750D (laptop)
Windows 7
Model# PSK4YC-00W00J

Is there anyway to resolve this without the installion disk?

Thank you,
Jey
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 28, 2012 2:23:33 PM

Go to toshiba.com, click "services and support" in the top bar and select "tech support". Then search for your particular model in the filter (look on the underside of the laptop for the full model number L705D-xxxx if it's not on the sticker on top, where xxxx is your specific submodel) and search for the LAN driver. Download and install.
m
l
October 29, 2012 10:41:36 AM

inzone said:
http://209.167.114.38/support/TechSupport/productconten...

This is all the spec's of your computer and you have a Realtek wireless nic adaptor model RTL-8188CE.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/dow...

THANK YOU inzone,
Your rating that my computer has a realtek wireless adapter model RTL-8188CE is correct. As such I cannot down load any drivers. Now I don't have any specific prroblems. Is it safe to continue as it is? Your expert advise will be mch appreciated. Thank you
m
l
October 29, 2012 11:28:24 AM

SchizTech said:
Go to toshiba.com, click "services and support" in the top bar and select "tech support". Then search for your particular model in the filter (look on the underside of the laptop for the full model number L705D-xxxx if it's not on the sticker on top, where xxxx is your specific submodel) and search for the LAN driver. Download and install.

Hi schizTech,
I reached Tosiba.com ad clicked services and support. My computer is Toshiba-satellite L750D. Model psk4yc-00w00J. Unfortunately the Model finding Filter does not show either L750D alone or with psk4yc. I checked further and even satellite pro does not show this model. I am sure my reference is 100% correct. Any helpfulsuggestions is welcome.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 29, 2012 9:38:33 PM

You mean is it safe to continue without a driver for the newtwork card , yes it is but are you able to access the internet like this?
m
l
October 29, 2012 10:04:21 PM

inzone said:
You mean is it safe to continue without a driver for the newtwork card , yes it is but are you able to access the internet like this?

Yes, I have no problem in accessing the internet.
m
l

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 30, 2012 1:28:48 AM

Then if it works and you can access the internet just ignore the device manager.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 30, 2012 2:09:05 PM

Your welcome.
m
l
!