Sign in with
Your question

Android VS iPhone

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
November 6, 2012 5:07:10 PM

Damn. I was in Florida this past weekend and iPhones are taking over the world.
For every Android device I saw, I saw at least 200 iPhones.

I have a Galaxy Nexus which I think is still the best phone on the planet until the Nexus 4 comes out next week.

My question is, does anyone else see this happening? Are people getting stupid? Reminds me of the move "Idiocracy".
Probably over half these people probably don't even know how to use it.

iPhone 5 users think that the panorama and facetime over 3G features where the best thing since sliced bread.
I didn't comment that Android all ready had that for a while now because I didn't want to get jumped by the high density of iPhone users.

One girl didn't know she could buy Apps from the App Store on the phone itself. She had always bought her apps from iTunes because she couldn't find the iTunes app on her phone (that's why you're an iPhone user).

One guy was talking to me about Retina Display but didn't know what it is.

Just thought I share my experience.

Sorry, not to rip on iPhone power users, but the majority of smartphone users are stupid.
I have nothing against Apple. I always tell people that if they don't want to mess with their phones, then get an iPhone.

More about : android iphone

November 13, 2012 9:54:17 AM

The bad part some people think that BlackBerry is the best phone. GAWSH it's irritating.
m
l
a b Ë Android
November 13, 2012 10:48:21 AM

go try and buy a basic phone nowdays. your options are severely limited. cell providers are even offering free smartphones with family plans now which pushes the matter even further.

the iphone has also made the step into smartphones easier. they are designed to be easy to use even for the technologically inept.

the fact that people are getting dumber and that most people have no idea what they are talking about is rather irrelevant to the point. this has been happening for years.
m
l
Related resources
December 6, 2012 4:26:07 AM

hi When the first iPhone came out.. It was a HUGE step forward.. I love it.. I had all of them expect the iPhone 5.. The iPhone was more stable and more supported than Android..
m
l
December 6, 2012 5:08:47 AM

Hardware is that the initial place that the variations between the iPhone and mechanical man become clear. Apple is that the solely company that creates iPhones, giving it extraordinarily tight management over however the package and hardware work along. On the opposite hand, Google offers its mechanical man package to several phone manufacturers (Samsung, HTC, LG, and Motorola, among others, provide mechanical man phones). As a result, mechanical man phones vary quite an bit in size, weight, features, user expertise, and quality.
m
l
a b Ë Android
December 6, 2012 7:26:53 PM

"mechanical man" .... thats funny.

it looks like someone used a translator.
m
l
a b Ë Android
December 6, 2012 10:45:02 PM

I like my mechanical man phone. I will be buying another mechanical man phone next month. Probably switching over to Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile.

Now if they can only make a mechanical woman phone.....
m
l
December 7, 2012 4:36:59 AM

Hello,

First thing I will say is, its a very simple concept behind the reason the IOS platform (which is the operating system of the iPhone) is more secure and virtually malware/virus free (Nothing is absolutely secure/invulnerable.. ever) is because every app on the app store has to go through a review process by apple which screens them for any breaches in security and violation of app store rules. Seconds is because IOS has a various set of security tools within the OS itself.

Now compare this to android, the google app store is open, apps do not go through a review process and thus can contain security holes or be malware in themselves. This is almost to par with why windows users are prone to viruses and malware, its easy to inject the necessary code into the ecosystem and produce something that will gain profit from stealing information from a users phone. Lets face it, if you were a developer of malicous software would you rather have 1000 people be infected and your package removed from the app store in 1 day or infect 1000000 on android and have your package remain on the store for many months? That's essentially why android has anti virus scanners and anti malware apps. Now this isn't to say that android doesn't try to be as secure as possible, because it does, most apps run sandboxed (cannot interact with files outside of its own) and are pretty safe, but there are ways around the sandbox.
m
l
a b Ë Android
December 7, 2012 11:11:09 AM

@jaquarskx

quite funny indeed!

@antonywhite

ios, secure? thats a laugh.
ios can be hacked in seconds for those that know how. it is done at every hack-a-thon.

windows is affected by more bugs because people target them more due to the larger user base.

i'm not sure about how the user bases compare with phone os but you are right that it would be easier to slip a bad app in on android. however, this does not mean that ios is immune. do you think they check every line of code?
m
l
January 4, 2013 4:56:52 AM

The Samsung Galaxy S 3 recognizes our voice, understands our habits and shares our moments instantly with intuitive technology on a 4.8" HD Super AMOLED display. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a smartphone from Samsung that was launched on May 3 2012 in London. One of the most noticeable change would be a new brightness slider that appears in the notification drop-down, although there was feedback from users that new VPN and enterprise security enhancements are also part of the deal.

samsung smart phones
cheapest smart phones
m
l
January 8, 2013 10:23:45 AM

You just happened to be in a place where there were a lot of iphones.

If you read the news, Samsung has just overtaken Apple in the smartphone industry and the GS3 has sold more than 30 million units. Not to mention they will be releasing the GS4 anytime this year.

Eat that apple.
m
l
!