Triying to stop process wmiprvse from running

On an XP SP2 Pro box, I have not been able to define or stop the process
wmiprvse.exe from runing.

Any help for this?

It takes 5,124 k CPU cycles PID 3420 no help. Is this a legit process or a
Win Process, and how do I kill it.

Tia,

Chad Harris
2 answers Last reply
More about triying stop process wmiprvse running

    What is wmiprvse.exe?
    http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/wmiprvse.exe.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Chad Harris wrote:
    > On an XP SP2 Pro box, I have not been able to define or
    > stop the process wmiprvse.exe from runing.
    >
    > Any help for this?

    Found this on the web:

    "The original file from Microsoft gets placed in the Located at
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe . If you find it anywhere else
    then you should be suspicious for sure."

Microsoft Windows XP