Triying to stop process wmiprvse from running

August 17, 2005 7:20:27 PM

On an XP SP2 Pro box, I have not been able to define or stop the process
wmiprvse.exe from runing.

Any help for this?

It takes 5,124 k CPU cycles PID 3420 no help. Is this a legit process or a
Win Process, and how do I kill it.

Tia,

Chad Harris
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 7:20:28 PM

What is wmiprvse.exe?
http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/wmiprvse.exe....

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Chad Harris" wrote:

| On an XP SP2 Pro box, I have not been able to define or stop the process
| wmiprvse.exe from runing.
|
| Any help for this?
|
| It takes 5,124 k CPU cycles PID 3420 no help. Is this a legit process or a
| Win Process, and how do I kill it.
|
| Tia,
|
| Chad Harris
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 7:20:28 PM

Chad Harris wrote:
> On an XP SP2 Pro box, I have not been able to define or
> stop the process wmiprvse.exe from runing.
>
> Any help for this?

Found this on the web:

"The original file from Microsoft gets placed in the Located at
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe . If you find it anywhere else
then you should be suspicious for sure."
!