What is an SWDVD?

I'm seeing SWDVD as the only dvd option sometimes when trying to configure a
notebook.

What is it? I cannot find a definition for it, not even in the "help me
choose" sections.

Is it a read-only dvd?

--
Framsticks. 3D Artificial Life evolution. You can see the creatures that
evolve and how they interact, hunt, swim, etc. (Unaffiliated with me).

"Thomas G. Marshall"
<tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com> wrote:
>I'm seeing SWDVD as the only dvd option sometimes when trying to configure a
>notebook.

Software driven DVD decoder, no hardware help for watching movies.
Probably not a big deal nowadays with modern highspeed processors.