mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

Windows XP.

When I choose to go to Print a document the Printer name keeps coming
up with my fax program instead of the printer.

How can I have it default to my printer using only black ink?

In properties where it says "print task qauick sets" it keeps
defaulting to color printing.

Control Panel (Classic View) Printers, Right Click the printer you
want designated as the default, click option "Set as Default"
To restrict a printer to only B&W - You'll need to Right Click the
printer again, left click Properties and "Poke" around the options
boxes until you find the one that inhibits color printing. There is no
single location for that option as each vendor printer has varying
option layouts in it's support applets.