Sign in with
Your question

Gateway ZX4951-33e black screen

Last response: in Computer Brands
November 30, 2012 4:26:45 AM

Hi all just wondering if I could get some help with a little problem I am having :) 

I own a Gateway ZX4951-33e which up until a few days ago was running without any problems, however recently it has begun to randomly shut down and upon reboot displays a completely black screen. At first I thought that the back-light may have broken but the screen flickers ever so slightly just before it blacks out completely; the computer is completely unresponsive during this time as well. At first I thought it was a one off malfunction as after the first time this occurred all that was required was to pull out the power cable and plug it back in after about 30 seconds. This temporarily solved the problem for a few days but the problem soon arose again and has since not been able to be remedied.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if any extra info is required from me feel free to ask. :) 

Oh also when the computer is turned on I can hear the fan running and the power button remains lit but the screen remains blank.
December 1, 2012 11:23:52 PM

You can try plugging it into an external monitor to see if there is a difference in display at start up (if that's an option).
Is there a specific sequence of lights that come on when you try to start it? Does the fan seem to stay at full speed?
m
l
!