Anyone parting a IJ, JM, NF, STTNG, T2 ?

I am looking for A-14615 1-bank drop target assembly. They were used
in the above 5 pins. Would like the entire working assembly.

Charlie

Which assembly do you need? I just did a playfield swap on my BSD, and
have a lot of the under playfield assemblies left that came with the
swapped-in play field. Mainly poppers, bumpers, guides lightboards and
so on. Nothing from the magnet.

BSD used the same assy.

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Charlie L." <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for A-14615 1-bank drop target assembly. They were used
> in the above 5 pins. Would like the entire working assembly.
>
> Charlie

Cayle,
I am looking for the assembly that drives the single drop target
(usually at the top of the playfield). I am currently downloading the
manual to see if it indeed uses the same assembly.

Charlie L.

My droptarget had some problems so I harvested a few things off of the
spare one, (I think I took the coil and the plunger). If it is the same
part, tell me what you need from it and I will see what I have on it
still :)

The look simular, but have different part numbers (ST = A14615 vs BSD =
A16267). Dones anyone know for sure if they are interchanable? In BSD
it is located on the top left of the playfield.

Charlie L.

My coil and plunger are good, I need the other pieces like the metal
piece that activates the switch. I am interested in what ever you have
left of the assembly if possible.

Charlie L.

On 4 Jul 2005 16:52:37 -0700, "Charlie L." <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote:

>The look simular, but have different part numbers (ST = A14615 vs BSD =
>A16267). Dones anyone know for sure if they are interchanable? In BSD
>it is located on the top left of the playfield.

I recently rebuilt a T2 drop target assembly and used a BSD as a
reassembly reference. I can't say for sure that they aren't
interchangeable, but they certainly are a bit different. Sorry, I
can't recall exactly what the diffs are but if you need I can lift
the playfields and tell you.

If you could lift them and just tell me if they look like the BSD would
work in the ST:TNG, I would be most greatful.

Charlie L.

On 4 Jul 2005 18:39:32 -0700, "Charlie L." <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote:

>If you could lift them and just tell me if they look like the BSD would
>work in the ST:TNG, I would be most greatful.
>
>Charlie L.

OK, it looks like the main bracket, coil, switch and drop
target/spring mechanism is identical between T2 and BSD. The
difference appears to be that the T2 target can be dropped by both the
ball hitting the target AND by the software enabling a secondary
solenoid to pull in a lever that drops the target. The BSD mechanism
is missing the auxiliary solenoid and can only be dropped by the ball
hitting the target. In other words, the assemblies look like they can
be interchanged but the T2 version requires an additional solenoid,
bracket, spring, and target drop mechanism that is missing on BSD.
Hope that makes sense.

I believe the bottom of my assembly is the problem. The target will
drop, just not all the way. I believe it has to do with a piece of
metal that someone rigged to activate the switch. Do you think the BSD
assembly can be modified to work with the ST:TNG? Have you or anyone
else ever had problems with the target not dropping all the way? If
so, any fixes?

Charlie L.

On 4 Jul 2005 19:34:24 -0700, "Charlie L." <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote:

>I believe the bottom of my assembly is the problem. The target will
>drop, just not all the way. I believe it has to do with a piece of
>metal that someone rigged to activate the switch. Do you think the BSD
>assembly can be modified to work with the ST:TNG? Have you or anyone
>else ever had problems with the target not dropping all the way? If
>so, any fixes?

Do you have another machine to compare it to, or a drawing of it? The
metal microswitch lever should not be under the metal tab that goes up
and down. The lever should be activated by a plastic tab that is
molded into the drop target itself. Look at the back of the plastic
drop target itself and you'll see the tab I'm talking about. I've
seen these switches get messed up where the lever falls below the
metal tab, but that is wrong. It could block the target from dropping
all the way in that position.

Hmm, maybe I was wrong, but I could've swore they were interchangable.

The BSD one crosses to the single drop target in AFM, the one in ST:TNG
crosses to Shadow, IJ, JM, NF, T2

--

> The look simular, but have different part numbers (ST = A14615 vs BSD =
> A16267). Dones anyone know for sure if they are interchanable? In BSD
> it is located on the top left of the playfield.
>
> Charlie L.

Kenbo is right, make sure the drop target its self is activating the
switch. Also, there should be a screw in the bottom of the asembly that
trims the drop of the target. make sure it is not too far up :)