Sign in with
Your question

Alienware or Apple?

Last response: in Computer Brands
December 2, 2012 10:43:04 PM

Hello, would you reccomend buying an Imac or an AlienWare M14X for mine craft? and video recording?

More about : alienware apple

December 5, 2012 6:56:57 AM

m14x. Allthough mac does have better video editing software, depends on where your priorities are. :) 
m
l
January 7, 2013 12:20:41 PM

I personally would go with the M14X. You would have access to more games (PC side) than with Mac although they are coming out with many now. Perhaps MAC is better at Photo/Video Recording and Editing but... Apple is still way over priced for the hardware you get. Prioritize your needs and execute.
m
l
Related resources
January 9, 2013 4:42:16 PM

Minecraft doesn't require a powerful computer, it's a very light game.
Alienware's pc is wonderful for gaming, but it's totally wasted for Minecraft.
m
l
January 13, 2013 5:34:36 PM

Alienware or Apple you are going to be paying completely loony amounts of money so why not get the alienware and atleast get a fast computer out of the deal instead of getting robbed on some middle of the road mac.
m
l
January 15, 2013 6:14:56 PM

You'll have less issues out of a Mac solely due to the nature of its OS, but if you're gaming then you'll probably want to go with an Alienware. I have a Macbook Pro with an i7, 8GB of DDR3 RAM and an AMD 6750M 1GB GDDR5 GPU. I'm able to play most games on mid settings but the laptop will run hot, hot, HOT! There isn't much when it comes to fans and cooling for a mac; I guess to retain its "sleekness". So that alone, I'd say an Alienware.

Macs are great for day to day business tasks, media editing and general processing, but from what I've experienced, they're not meant for gaming.
m
l
January 19, 2013 9:56:14 PM

You do realize that the M14X is a laptop and the iMac is an all-in-one desktop right? Comparing the two, if you look at specs, the alienware is best, but they are both for different uses. Since the iMac is a desktop it will be much more enjoyable(if you can get Minecraft on there) to play because of the larger screen etc. but then theres the factor of portability. Honestly I think there needs to be some type of edit in the question. Im not sure if this is more of a latpop vs all-in-one or an alienware vs apple because the form factors of both computers are different.
m
l
January 29, 2013 2:00:54 AM

bob hays said:
You do realize that the M14X is a laptop and the iMac is an all-in-one desktop right? Comparing the two, if you look at specs, the alienware is best, but they are both for different uses. Since the iMac is a desktop it will be much more enjoyable(if you can get Minecraft on there) to play because of the larger screen etc. but then theres the factor of portability. Honestly I think there needs to be some type of edit in the question. Im not sure if this is more of a latpop vs all-in-one or an alienware vs apple because the form factors of both computers are different.

There is also macbook pro, though.
m
l
February 7, 2013 4:43:42 PM

spawnedlate said:
In my opinion niether id get something like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

But if its out of those two Alienware....

Smart man!
and no, mac's are not better at editing!
It's merely the software.
One could argue due to the fact of the TI chipsets and firewire ports that they are better at audio mixing, editing and such that's still false.
The brand "Sager" uses these chipsets and the prices couldn't get cheaper!
OP, I would google Sager and choose one for your liking, you WILL not be disappointed!
m
l
February 14, 2013 10:08:36 PM

Just for video recording and Minecraft? You are wasting money. They are both good for Minecraft and video recording sure, but you are really spending a lot of money just for those things. But if I had to pick one, I would get the Alienware. It can run way more games, and it is faster. The Apple is only good if you like a really high quality screen and video editing.
m
l
February 17, 2013 2:16:46 PM

You are wasting your money on both, build your own or hire a professional to build you one. Either way you will save hundreds of dollars.
m
l
February 17, 2013 7:15:39 PM

asktod said:
You are wasting your money on both, build your own or hire a professional to build you one. Either way you will save hundreds of dollars.

Build their own laptop? :heink:  :whistle: 
m
l
April 9, 2013 1:37:32 PM

Hey if you are worried about games not coming out for Mac, but want the video editing plusses a Mac gives you, get the iMac and use bootcamp to be able to boot into Windows on the Mac.
m
l
!