toolbar missing

August 17, 2005 6:31:25 PM

in internet explorer and other programs the whole bar with file edit view etc
is gone! i tried right clicking, moving thing etc and no go. helllp!!

--
robert b

More about : toolbar missing

August 17, 2005 6:48:21 PM

Hi Robert,

Not sure but I wonder if you've got IE into fullscreen mode. In IE if you
have the usual three little boxes in top right of your screen try clicking on
the middle one (the one between the - and x). If that sorts out your problem
then with the menu bar restored if you go to "View" you'll find "Full Screen"
at the bottom of its drop down menue - you might have an icon for it in one
of the other bars and maybe clicked on one place or the other. If this
doesn't help then it's beyond me I'm afraid.

-- :)  Albert.

"robert b" wrote:

> in internet explorer and other programs the whole bar with file edit view etc
> is gone! i tried right clicking, moving thing etc and no go. helllp!!
>
> --
> robert b
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 7:12:18 PM

thanks, but it's gone in both fullscreen and not fullscreen. i read somewhere
about clicking on the view button and restoring defaults, but the view button
is on the bar that's not there!
--
robert b

"Albert" wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> Not sure but I wonder if you've got IE into fullscreen mode. In IE if you
> have the usual three little boxes in top right of your screen try clicking on
> the middle one (the one between the - and x). If that sorts out your problem
> then with the menu bar restored if you go to "View" you'll find "Full Screen"
> at the bottom of its drop down menue - you might have an icon for it in one
> of the other bars and maybe clicked on one place or the other. If this
> doesn't help then it's beyond me I'm afraid.
>
> -- :)  Albert.
>

> "robert b" wrote:
>
> > in internet explorer and other programs the whole bar with file edit view etc
> > is gone! i tried right clicking, moving thing etc and no go. helllp!!
> >
> > --
> > robert b
Related resources
August 17, 2005 8:23:02 PM

Hi Robert,

Only other thing I can suggest is if you haven't done any major installs or
uninstalls or the like recently try a System Restore ( Start > Programs >
Accessories > System Tools - its the bottom one on the drop down menue, when
the calendar thing opens choose the most recent date in bold and the latest
point if more than one appears in the panel for when you remember everything
seeming ok). NB: Some have said System Restore gave them more problems than
they had, others have said it solved their particular problems, I've only
ever used it on my system three times in the last few years but it sorted the
problems each time ok.
:)  Albert.

"robert b" wrote:

> thanks, but it's gone in both fullscreen and not fullscreen. i read somewhere
> about clicking on the view button and restoring defaults, but the view button
> is on the bar that's not there!
> --
> robert b
>

> "Albert" wrote:
>
> > Hi Robert,
> >
> > Not sure but I wonder if you've got IE into fullscreen mode. In IE if you
> > have the usual three little boxes in top right of your screen try clicking on
> > the middle one (the one between the - and x). If that sorts out your problem
> > then with the menu bar restored if you go to "View" you'll find "Full Screen"
> > at the bottom of its drop down menue - you might have an icon for it in one
> > of the other bars and maybe clicked on one place or the other. If this
> > doesn't help then it's beyond me I'm afraid.
> >
> > -- :)  Albert.
> >

> > "robert b" wrote:
> >
> > > in internet explorer and other programs the whole bar with file edit view etc
> > > is gone! i tried right clicking, moving thing etc and no go. helllp!!
> > >
> > > --
> > > robert b
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 9:09:18 PM

Hit your F11 key.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:97ACF463-7601-41DA-A7D0-C6B8F399CDAB@microsoft.com,
robert b <robertb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> thanks, but it's gone in both fullscreen and not fullscreen. i read
> somewhere about clicking on the view button and restoring defaults, but
> the view button is on the bar that's not there!
> --
> robert b
>

> "Albert" wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Not sure but I wonder if you've got IE into fullscreen mode. In IE if you
>> have the usual three little boxes in top right of your screen try
>> clicking on the middle one (the one between the - and x). If that sorts
>> out your problem then with the menu bar restored if you go to "View"
>> you'll find "Full Screen" at the bottom of its drop down menue - you
>> might have an icon for it in one of the other bars and maybe clicked on
>> one place or the other. If this doesn't help then it's beyond me I'm
>> afraid.
>>
>> -- :)  Albert.
>>

>> "robert b" wrote:
>>
>>> in internet explorer and other programs the whole bar with file edit
>>> view etc is gone! i tried right clicking, moving thing etc and no go.
>>> helllp!!
>>>
>>> --
>>> robert b
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 9:36:23 PM

Oops. Forgot one.

Right click the toolbar and select Menu Bar.

The Menu Bar has:
File
Edit
View
Favorites
Tools
Help

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:97ACF463-7601-41DA-A7D0-C6B8F399CDAB@microsoft.com,
robert b <robertb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> thanks, but it's gone in both fullscreen and not fullscreen. i read
> somewhere about clicking on the view button and restoring defaults, but
> the view button is on the bar that's not there!
> --
> robert b
>

> "Albert" wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Not sure but I wonder if you've got IE into fullscreen mode. In IE if you
>> have the usual three little boxes in top right of your screen try
>> clicking on the middle one (the one between the - and x). If that sorts
>> out your problem then with the menu bar restored if you go to "View"
>> you'll find "Full Screen" at the bottom of its drop down menue - you
>> might have an icon for it in one of the other bars and maybe clicked on
>> one place or the other. If this doesn't help then it's beyond me I'm
>> afraid.
>>
>> -- :)  Albert.
>>

>> "robert b" wrote:
>>
>>> in internet explorer and other programs the whole bar with file edit
>>> view etc is gone! i tried right clicking, moving thing etc and no go.
>>> helllp!!
>>>
>>> --
>>> robert b
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 3:47:39 AM

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:12:18 -0700, robert b wrote:

> thanks, but it's gone in both fullscreen and not fullscreen. i read somewhere
> about clicking on the view button and restoring defaults, but the view button
> is on the bar that's not there!

Try Alt+spacebar. Then select the option for maximize then
any other mode and see what happens. With fulltime
fullscreen without menus, its kind of hard to say what could
be causing that.
Try looking on one of the windows help sites from our MVPs.
They might post some of the addresses later, just sift
through these messages and try these and look for related
info.
I haven't had this problem so really can't help much here.
--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed

Alt + V will open the View menu where you can uncheck Full Screen.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1eh19p7408t0k.94w0xz8extik$.dlg@40tude.net,
Lester Stiefel <les7954@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:12:18 -0700, robert b wrote:
>
>> thanks, but it's gone in both fullscreen and not fullscreen. i read
>> somewhere about clicking on the view button and restoring defaults, but
>> the view button is on the bar that's not there!
>
> Try Alt+spacebar. Then select the option for maximize then
> any other mode and see what happens. With fulltime
> fullscreen without menus, its kind of hard to say what could
> be causing that.
> Try looking on one of the windows help sites from our MVPs.
> They might post some of the addresses later, just sift
> through these messages and try these and look for related
> info.
> I haven't had this problem so really can't help much here.
> --
> Lester Stiefel
> In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed
> which describe him in the last days.
> Is your quality found on this list??
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:29:02 PM

thanks so much for everybody's help, but i still have no toolbar.
for some reason my sytem restore isn't working. it is on, and gives me reset
points, but when i click "next" the second time the hourglass comes on for
fraction of a second, then goes away and nothing happens.
f11 doen't do anything
right click on most of the bar does nothing menu bar never shows. if i right
click on the very top allows me to minimize and maximize but still no toolbar
alt space lets me minimize and max but no toolbar
alt v makes a dinging sound, but nothing happens

yup, im a little frustrated i really need that toolbar sometimes!!!
--
robert b

"robert b" wrote:

> in internet explorer and other programs the whole bar with file edit view etc
> is gone! i tried right clicking, moving thing etc and no go. helllp!!
>
> --
> robert b
August 24, 2005 4:51:25 AM

Hi Robert,

Manual Fix:

Go to: Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

There are 3 sub keys: Explorer, ShellBrowser, WebBrowser

In each of these sub-keys is the entry for ITBarLayout

Choose the relavent sub-key and right click where it says ITBarLayout and
select Delete.
The deleted value will automatically be recreated for you.

Automated Fix:

Address Bar Missing: Click Start, Run and type REGSVR32 /i BROWSEUI.DLL,
Reboot

If the first option doesn't solve it, use my small utility:

Restore/Repair Toolbars in IE and/or Windows Explorer (Line 3)

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"robert b" <robertb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks so much for everybody's help, but i still have no toolbar.
> for some reason my sytem restore isn't working. it is on, and gives me
> reset
> points, but when i click "next" the second time the hourglass comes on for
> fraction of a second, then goes away and nothing happens.
> f11 doen't do anything
> right click on most of the bar does nothing menu bar never shows. if i
> right
> click on the very top allows me to minimize and maximize but still no
> toolbar
> alt space lets me minimize and max but no toolbar
> alt v makes a dinging sound, but nothing happens
>
> yup, im a little frustrated i really need that toolbar sometimes!!!
> --
> robert b
>

> "robert b" wrote:
>
>> in internet explorer and other programs the whole bar with file edit view
>> etc
>> is gone! i tried right clicking, moving thing etc and no go. helllp!!
>>
>> --
>> robert b
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 1:47:03 AM

Kelly, You have an incredible web site, thanks for trying to help...but
first i was easily able to get to the 3 sukeys, but in none of them does it
say ITBarLayout. explorer has one thing inside- ab (default) REG_S2
value not set
and the other 2 have this plus someREG_Binary things and a bunch of letters
and numbers
the automated try just says module cannot be found
so i downloaded the EXE and VBS solution off your site, both load quicly
and in a fraction of a second say its been repaired. but no change, even
after rebooting.
how screwed am i ?
--
robert b

"Kelly" wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> Manual Fix:
>
> Go to: Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
>
> There are 3 sub keys: Explorer, ShellBrowser, WebBrowser
>
> In each of these sub-keys is the entry for ITBarLayout
>
> Choose the relavent sub-key and right click where it says ITBarLayout and
> select Delete.
> The deleted value will automatically be recreated for you.
>
> Automated Fix:
>
> Address Bar Missing: Click Start, Run and type REGSVR32 /i BROWSEUI.DLL,
> Reboot
>
> If the first option doesn't solve it, use my small utility:
>
> Restore/Repair Toolbars in IE and/or Windows Explorer (Line 3)

> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "robert b" <robertb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks so much for everybody's help, but i still have no toolbar.
> > for some reason my sytem restore isn't working. it is on, and gives me
> > reset
> > points, but when i click "next" the second time the hourglass comes on for
> > fraction of a second, then goes away and nothing happens.
> > f11 doen't do anything
> > right click on most of the bar does nothing menu bar never shows. if i
> > right
> > click on the very top allows me to minimize and maximize but still no
> > toolbar
> > alt space lets me minimize and max but no toolbar
> > alt v makes a dinging sound, but nothing happens
> >
> > yup, im a little frustrated i really need that toolbar sometimes!!!
> > --
> > robert b
> >

> > "robert b" wrote:
> >
> >> in internet explorer and other programs the whole bar with file edit view
> >> etc
> >> is gone! i tried right clicking, moving thing etc and no go. helllp!!
> >>
> >> --
> >> robert b

Anonymous
October 28, 2009 1:44:24 AM

250123,10,68164 said:

Hi Robert,

Manual Fix:

Go to: Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

There are 3 sub keys: Explorer, ShellBrowser, WebBrowser

In each of these sub-keys is the entry for ITBarLayout

Choose the relavent sub-key and right click where it says ITBarLayout and
select Delete.
The deleted value will automatically be recreated for you.

Automated Fix:

Address Bar Missing: Click Start, Run and type REGSVR32 /i BROWSEUI.DLL,
Reboot

If the first option doesn't solve it, use my small utility:

Restore/Repair Toolbars in IE and/or Windows Explorer (Line 3)

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)
Anonymous
October 28, 2009 1:44:27 AM

kelly said:

Hi Robert,

Manual Fix:

Go to: Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

There are 3 sub keys: Explorer, ShellBrowser, WebBrowser

In each of these sub-keys is the entry for ITBarLayout

Choose the relavent sub-key and right click where it says ITBarLayout and
select Delete.
The deleted value will automatically be recreated for you.

Automated Fix:

Address Bar Missing: Click Start, Run and type REGSVR32 /i BROWSEUI.DLL,
Reboot

If the first option doesn't solve it, use my small utility:

Restore/Repair Toolbars in IE and/or Windows Explorer (Line 3)

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"robert b" <robertb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks so much for everybody's help, but i still have no toolbar.
> for some reason my sytem restore isn't working. it is on, and gives me
> reset
> points, but when i click "next" the second time the hourglass comes on for
> fraction of a second, then goes away and nothing happens.
> f11 doen't do anything
> right click on most of the bar does nothing menu bar never shows. if i
> right
> click on the very top allows me to minimize and maximize but still no
> toolbar
> alt space lets me minimize and max but no toolbar
> alt v makes a dinging sound, but nothing happens
>
> yup, im a little frustrated i really need that toolbar sometimes!!!
> --
> robert b
>

> "robert b" wrote:
>
>> in internet explorer and other programs the whole bar with file edit view
>> etc
>> is gone! i tried right clicking, moving thing etc and no go. helllp!!
>>
>> --
>> robert b

Anonymous
October 28, 2009 1:49:57 AM

Kelly's answer to robert is right.
Deleting ITBar Layount makes the toolbar be back to windows explorer.
Try that if you still haven't recovered it.
April 27, 2012 12:31:31 AM

Quote:
Kelly's answer to robert is right.
Deleting ITBar Layount makes the toolbar be back to windows explorer.
Try that if you still haven't recovered it.

i have the same issue and i have deleted the reg keys for both ie and explorer and still no tool bar, i intend to try the automated fix and the regsvr fix tomorrow.

a bit of extra info, where the tool bar should be i have a white bar that goes across the window, whether it is small or maximized,(no i am not in full screen mode), and in the middle of this white bar is a windows icon. Also, when i hit alt f or alt v i get no response what so ever so i cant even access the tools, its as if the functionality has been deleted.
!