why can't I copy/past from one Programs dir to another Pro..

August 17, 2005 8:33:37 PM

I have 4 machines on my home network.
I am the administrator and sole user of all machines.

But I can't copy/past a program or file from one Programs directory to the
Programs directory on another machine.
All machines have file sharing turned on for all drives, documents, my
documents etc.

Pretty sure all machines are set to 'simple file sharing'.

Please and thank you.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 8:33:38 PM

One thing might be the "Drag and drop or copy and paste files" in
Internet Settings (Control Panel -> Internet Options, Security tab).

Why do they do this? Who knows? But it is annoying.
!