802.11b MN-610 Wireless Kit - Please Help

My wired PC is WIN 98 connected to the basestation with
the blue wires. My problem is that I can't go beyound the
10 Mbps on the connection speed. I had no problems before
as I had highspeed prior to installing this kit. Now I'm
limited in speed. What can I do to fix this problem and
get back a much better connection speed then the 10 Mbps
which I'm stuck with. (?)

The wireless PC is ok as its limited to 11 Mbps which is
expected.

HELP

Thanks

Maroush

joker

Go into device manager and see what model of Network adapter you have.
Please post the make & model.

I believe the most likely reason is either a setting that is limiting it
to 10 mbps or the device will only connect at a maximum of 10 mbps.

Maroush wrote:

> My wired PC is WIN 98 connected to the basestation with
> the blue wires. My problem is that I can't go beyound the
> 10 Mbps on the connection speed. I had no problems before
> as I had highspeed prior to installing this kit. Now I'm
> limited in speed. What can I do to fix this problem and
> get back a much better connection speed then the 10 Mbps
> which I'm stuck with. (?)
>
> The wireless PC is ok as its limited to 11 Mbps which is
> expected.
>
> HELP
>
> Thanks
>
> Maroush

Hi:

I'm using the 3 Com Etherlink III ISA Network Interface
Card - under enhanced mode (32 bit and 16 bit). Bindings
IPX/SPX and TCP/IP. My system has two ISA ports.

Can I purchase ISA cards that go beyond the limit of 10
Mpbs for this router? I never had a problem before with
limits as my high speed modem always used the same ISA
NIC.

Is there a way around using the existing NIC?

Please any information you can provide would be a great
help!

Maroush

joker

Well the 3Com Etherlink III ISA is limited to 10 mbps. Most ISP's only
give you up to 3000 kbps (just under 3 mbps). So for the Internet that
is fine. If you need it to be faster for file & printer sharing you
will need to purchase a new NIC.

Does it have any PCI slots?

I don't know of any ISA NIC that supports 100 mbps that is available on
the market at this point.

The only way around this limit is to replace it. All you have to do is
remove it from device manager. Then Turn the computer off And
physically change the card for the new one.

Maroush wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I'm using the 3 Com Etherlink III ISA Network Interface
> Card - under enhanced mode (32 bit and 16 bit). Bindings
> IPX/SPX and TCP/IP. My system has two ISA ports.
>
> Can I purchase ISA cards that go beyond the limit of 10
> Mpbs for this router? I never had a problem before with
> limits as my high speed modem always used the same ISA
> NIC.
>
> Is there a way around using the existing NIC?
>
> Please any information you can provide would be a great
> help!
>
> Maroush

Thanks for all your help!

I understand I have some PCI slots. I'll check it out. I
wonder how I got past this problem before with my high
speed modem.

Thanks again

joker

You high speed modem only has a 10 mbps ethernet port which is what your
NIC is. You only now noticed it because you finally have something that
is faster then it is.