Intel May Integrate DRAM into CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
"In case you are wondering: Yes, it looks like there will be an introduce of a CPU/GPU hybrid."

Tom's might want to hire an ex English teacher... but wait, CPU/GPU hybrid?! I was expecting Intel to make a hybrid chip eventually, but not anytime soon. Can you elaborate on what you know about this?

thomasxstewart

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
Half Point Now & Eight Points When Completed. Looks good for 50-50% relationship with game card potential.Probably first grounds for working media machine with great reliability.Mass storage & Play TOP End games better than simple games.
Signed:pHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART VON DRASHEK M.D.

MTLance

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Wow AMD is going to get pure ownage soon. Yay Intel. And not to mention the GPU and CPU are merging into one soon hooray. Wow I wonder what Nvidia and VIA going to do when Intel bring this secret weapon out.

P.S.Tom is slow I think I saw this tech leak quite a while ago.

duzcizgi

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Well, this technology is already being developed by IBM and AMD together. It's called TTRAM (Twin transistor RAM). Intel needs to change its production technology from bulk/CMOS to SoI, in order to make it work.

G

>GPU and CPU are merging into one soon hooray

Eh. You can put a few heterogenous graphics cores on the CPU chip, but have you seen the transistor count on, for example, the GTX280? There's no way you can fit that on the CPU die.

Status
Not open for further replies.