Error? Message

While using the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, it found
no infections, but I received the following message:

->Sysclean WARNING: MemScanGetImagePathFromPid(2256) (Win32 Error Code:
0x00000057 (87):The parameter is incorrect.) [650]

Could you tell me what this means

Run the tool again.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:u%23KC2U3oFHA.2720@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Al and Joan <alandjoan@comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
> While using the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, it
> found no infections, but I received the following message:
>
> ->Sysclean WARNING: MemScanGetImagePathFromPid(2256) (Win32 Error Code:
> 0x00000057 (87):The parameter is incorrect.) [650]
>
> Could you tell me what this means

Not to any great detail. The significance is the keyword "Warning".
Almost all software has some form of error checking. There are
usually status codes returned when a process performs some type
of operation. Sometimes they are categorized as Informational,
Warning & Error. Error codes return debugging information that
helps developers isolate and repair the software. You've obviously
run the tool and it experienced a condition it wasn't expecting. It's
not something a end-user can decipher. Software is not linear in
design. It uses procedures or calls to other modules, returns to the
originating module.....Essentially the tool made a call to a routine
called MemScanGetImagePathFromPid, it returned data that did
not meet the routines requirements (Size, data type). I wouldn't
worry with it as it doesn't necessarily mean your PC has some
type of problem or underlying issue(s).

"Al and Joan" <alandjoan@comcast.net> wrote in message
> While using the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, it
> found no infections, but I received the following message:
>
> ->Sysclean WARNING: MemScanGetImagePathFromPid(2256) (Win32 Error Code:
> 0x00000057 (87):The parameter is incorrect.) [650]
>
> Could you tell me what this means

Thank you, folks

Al