Are all Celeron 1.4's Tualatin?

JimmyDean

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2003
I looked at it and I couldnt determine whether its a tulatin but the page for the adapter says its 100% compatible with the tuallie so theres a good chance it could be.

<b><font color=red>Remember kids, if you see a downed power line, suck on the end, candy comes out!</font color=red></b>

sargeduck

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002
If it helps, I have a 1.1 cleleron (tualatin), and my box is the same as the one pictured. That, and I think that the williamette based celerons started at 1.7ghz. I would say that it is a tualatin.

eden

Champion
Starting from the 1GHZ Celeron, at 256KB, and up, with or without the full 256KB, they are Celeron Tualatins, if I am not mistaken. I am sure however that the 1.2+ are.

--
If I could see the Matrix, I'd tell you I am only seeing 0s inside your head! :tongue:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
All Celeron 1.4's are Tualatin. They have to be, because the previous core, the Coppermine, wouldn't go above 1.1GHz with reasonable reliability (ie, Intel couldn't produce enough at a higher speed than 1.1 to justify a release). And the later speeds were based on the P4 core!

I wouldn't get that kit unless you have to. I would MUCH prefer the Upgradeware Slot-T adapter to the Powerleap unit. Powerleaps are less reliable and non-adjustable.

If your board natively supports Coppermines it supports the Slot-T and a Tualatin. The reason I say that is because the requirement for the Slot-T is a VRM 8.4 voltage regulator on the motherboard, and that was also needed for stock voltage Coppermines.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003
Sorry for asking but have you considered a new mobo/cpu combo instead? These days you can get a very cheap AMD via kt133A or via KT266A chipset based mobo, in wich you CAN use your old SDrams for around 50$ (in sweden, guess that they are cheaper in the states) and a good AMD XP 1600+CPU for another 50$. Such boards are as exampel: ASROCK K7VT2 and Matsonic MS8137CA. OBS I only suggest these because with them you can keep your SDram!

This will be much faster than your Celeron uppgrade and will give you modern things such as USB2! Just be sure to check that your PSU is atleast 250W. Thats enough for such a combo unless you have a large nubmer of extras and/or a Videocard that requires extra juice! Also make sure that your SDrams are PC133 because if they are PC100 you should get an old athlon CPU or an Duron!

GL

Turk