Anyone sick of Medeival Madness Yet? Just curious

Last response: in Video Games
July 4, 2005 4:17:41 PM

Wondering of anyone is actually sick of Medeival Madness yet or doesn't
think it's a great game. Would you trade it for a lesser value game
because of the fun factor being greater in a lower priced game?

John
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 4:58:03 PM

I have learned never to say never.

Owned, restored and sold TZ, TAF and IJ. When I finished restoring
each, I told myself I'd never sell them. LOL In each case, I either
lost interest or had another opportunity come around. I've only got
room for 9 pins, so I have to be selective.

I'm restoring my MM at the moment. This one won't be going anywhere
soon....... :-)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

grus_jc@yahoo.com wrote:
> Wondering of anyone is actually sick of Medeival Madness yet or doesn't
> think it's a great game. Would you trade it for a lesser value game
> because of the fun factor being greater in a lower priced game?
>
> John
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 8:09:17 PM

Own: MM, AFM, CV, Sopr, and BSD

Owned: IJ, ToM, High Speed, Harlem Globetrotters, Split Second, Xenon,
Trident, Magic, and PowerPlay.

MM is a keeper. So is AFM. Before I start to get "tired" of a machine,
I switch off to another machine for a little variety.
July 4, 2005 9:33:21 PM

Uh, no.

It's a keeper.

--
Fred
TX

<grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote

> Wondering of anyone is actually sick of Medeival Madness yet or doesn't
> think it's a great game. Would you trade it for a lesser value game
> because of the fun factor being greater in a lower priced game?
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:12:21 PM

What is say makes NO sense. Why would someone trade MM for a lower
price game for fun factor??? You can sell MM for good money and buy 3
lower priced games. Even if MM was the worst game in the world, u
would not trade it for a lower priced game bacuse you can get 3 lower
priced games for the price of MM.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 12:24:52 AM

Sir Tiltsalot,

If you want to get Barnyard multiball you just need to commit a game to
getting to it. If you have won BFTK 21 times you can certainly do
Barnyard. If that is my objective, I start on the first object (the
bowling ball) and work my way to the right. You can tell which items
you need in the future because they are flashing when you get the
catapult stage.

Barnyard multiball is just plain funny!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 12:30:57 AM

Nope. I've won BFTK 21 times now. Each time, my heart is racing. Best game
I've ever owned by far, out of 40+ games over the years. Still no Barnyard
Multiball. :-( John...The cheating 5 ball Bastard. :-)

--
FunHouse...Cyclone...Eight Ball...Solar Ride...Silverball Mania...Medieval
Madness :-)
<grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Wondering of anyone is actually sick of Medeival Madness yet or doesn't
> think it's a great game. Would you trade it for a lesser value game
> because of the fun factor being greater in a lower priced game?
>
> John

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 8:22:09 AM

On 4 Jul 2005 20:24:52 -0700, msalas@salascorp.com wrote:

>Sir Tiltsalot,
>
>If you want to get Barnyard multiball you just need to commit a game to
>getting to it. If you have won BFTK 21 times you can certainly do
>Barnyard. If that is my objective, I start on the first object (the
>bowling ball) and work my way to the right. You can tell which items
>you need in the future because they are flashing when you get the
>catapult stage.
>
>Barnyard multiball is just plain funny!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

i will ad some pointers i use to get to barnyard when i want to show
friends this cool, funny multiball...

1.) you need to be good with picking items in the video mode. i am
talking going 5 for 5 or at worst 5 for 6. you don't want to be
screwing around past that. LISTEN when you pick items, it will help on
yur timing. i can get whatever item i want now blindfolded because i
have the sound used when items changed down pat.

2.) START FROM THE RIGHT! imho it is A LOT easier to do it that way.
you don't want to have the last item needed to qualify barnyard.

3.) by starting with the last item, it gets easier picking items that
you don't have to wait on. plus, if you make a mistake on a later
item, it is easier to correct the mistake later in the game.

4.) how awesome is it to have the last 4 items and then only have the
first item left. BECAUSE, you simply hold the flippers in and it
AUTOMATICALLY picks the very first item for you. DEFINATRLY save the
first item for last.

5.) use your ball save at the start of every ball as a safety net to
help build up catapult hits. i do a drop pass and it sets up the right
flipper shot perfectly for an early hit and hurry up starter. if you
can't do a drop pass, shoot for the right ramp right away and shoot
for the catapult when the ball returns to the flipper.

6.) all cradles from the right flipper should be shot at the catapult.

7.) all cradles from the left flipper shot be used to shoot the right
ramp and set up the catapult shot.

8.) learn to do a drop-bounce-shot. this is when the ball is falling
from the pops from the right loop feed. learn to let the ball do a
partial hop THEN SHOOT fast and learn the timing to make the catapult
shot. you get alot of double hits this way.

9.) LEARN TO BACKHAND THE SHOT! if you have some touch, you can get
some free hits! ex: as the ball falls from the lft loop after making a
castle shot, if you hold up the flipper, you can sometimes trap.
sometimes you will get a funny bounce as to where the ball will go
about halfway up the flipper bat. when it reaches the halfway point,
FLIP! you can pull off a backhand shot!

10.) nudge with skill. if the balls get caught in the slingshots,
learn what bounces go where and learn to help nudge the ball into the
catapult. some games do this almost on their own, some ned some
convincing ;-)

just a few quick tips, feel free to pile on, their are definately more
:-)

GOOD LUCK!

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
July 5, 2005 9:25:08 AM

I've been tired of it for over a year.. been playing lots of DM
recently.. MM ain't going anywhere though.. i'll be un-sick of it
soon enough.

grus_jc@yahoo.com wrote:
> Wondering of anyone is actually sick of Medeival Madness yet or doesn't
> think it's a great game. Would you trade it for a lesser value game
> because of the fun factor being greater in a lower priced game?
>
> John
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 9:50:32 PM

Just never saw the appeal, but I'm clearly in the minority. I just
wonder what everyone's opinion would be if the market were flooded with
them. Is it the game or it's value that everyone likes?
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:15:43 AM

I've played mine most days for the last two years, still not selling it even
with a good profit in it.

GRY

"Pinhead" <jhenk17@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Just never saw the appeal, but I'm clearly in the minority. I just
> wonder what everyone's opinion would be if the market were flooded with
> them. Is it the game or it's value that everyone likes?

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 3:57:38 AM

I think it's one of those pins that gets better
in home use. Yes, it makes money, too, but
I think it's because more of the current than
the past. Did nothing for me at first, but it did
really grow on me after a few months of play.

If the market were "flooded", I doubt more than
a couple of hundred would sell at the price it
would cost to build.

Operators won't pay that much for an old game...

--
Fred
TX

!